Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gjack20 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 10:31 AM
    Can I withhold lot rent on a mobile home if I paid off my mobile home and they won't
    Can I withhold lot rent on a mobile home if I paided off my mobile home and they won't send the title its been 11 months and still no title has been mailed to me despite my request
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gjack20 View Post
    Can i withhold lot rent on a mobile home if i paided off my mobile home and they wont send the title its been 11 months and still no title has been mailed to me despite my request
    SO this is parked on your own lot... not someone else's land? Why would your rent at the trailer park be free... even if you own your trailer... unless you own the land its parked on there is a monthly rental fee.

Jul 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Smoothly: thanks so much but no I am not the land owner it's a mobile home park community I rent a lot space as is protocol I purchased the trailer from the owner of the park via a 3 year loan from heritage acceptance the owners paid it off Aug 28th 2011 I have requested my title an I get the run around say they will call me back etc. no return calls etc: its been almost a year.

Mr. Jackson
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 11:36 AM
    OK... then rent for the trailor is not owed... however rent for the space is still owed. Falure to make that payment can result in eviction and put you in a bad situation.

Jul 5, 2012, 12:20 PM
    Thanks smoothy for the reply very helpful

God Bless
    gjack20
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gjack20 View Post
    Thanks smoothy for the reply very helpful

God Bless
    gjack20
    If everything is combined in a sigle payment.. you are going to need the cooperation of the trailer park manager... you don't wanto run affoul of the lease on the lot.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 5, 2012, 12:44 PM
    Not getting the title is not grounds for withholding lot rental. You would have to take other actions to force getting the title.

Jul 5, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Thanks Smoothy I feel much more secure about how to pursue the problem.

Gjack20

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

Mobile Home on My Lot in Arizona? [ 2 Answers ]

Does Arizona law allow in some towns to have my mobile home on my own lot?

Laws on mobile home lot rental [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if your mobile home is on some one else's land, can that person stop you from moving it if he says there is rent due? Can I get some one to pull it out and then let him sue me for lot rent? The owner of the property told the previous owner of the mobile home that he wanted the...

Florida law regarding rent increases on mobile home lot [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a law that governs how much rent may be increased on a mobile home on a leased/rented lot in the state of Florida?

View more questions Search