Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nana1995 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Sking whitening cream/lotion
    PLEASE ANSWER!! DESPERATE!!

I get teased a lot because of my dark tone (light-medium brown skin)
    And I can't take it! Can anyone reccommed a whitening lotion that works and doesn't harm skin.. if it can be cheap I would APPRECIATE IT..

PLEASE!! I Don't WANT TO BE TEASED

** BTW IM HISPANIC
    CoLor_cOded Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2012, 07:00 PM
    You may achieve your goal of getting 2 tones lighter by just using tretinoin or an alpha hydroxy acid (to exfoliate/shed sun damaged skin to reveal your actual skin tone), proper sun protection (to protect restored skin), and spending less time in the sun period.

As for lotions or creams, you can look for ones that contain lightening actives such as the aforementioned hydroquinone, kojic acid, alpha arbutin, mulberry extract, etc. You may want to research these and other lightening actives to decide which is best for you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 01:58 AM
    There is no cream, lotion, pill, etc. that will lighten your skin without serious side effects. That's a myth.

If you want to lighten your skin, there are risks. Are you willing to take those risks?

The risks include permanent disfigurement, scarring, discoloration, etc. etc.

Also, they won't be cheap, you'll have to pay dearly via monetary means (money) and physical means (possible disfigurement). Frankly, both of those costs are too high for me, but it's your body.

What are you willing to go through to get what you want? Also, getting what you want isn't a guarantee. In fact, it's unlikely that you'll get the results you want. It's more likely that you'll end up spending thousands of dollars, and being disfigured. Is that price too high for you?
    xTiffanyx Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Just use BB cream it really helps trust me also try bathing in papaya soap
    It really whitens and smooths the skin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nivea skin whitening body lotion (or any of their whitening range) [ 0 Answers ]

Hello all I came across this product on the net and from some of the commercial ads have seen on You Tube, it is geared towards the Asian community, hence is not very popular among Africans and Caribbeans community, very popular in Asia - including Vietnam and Thailand. Please share your...

Skin-whitening cream/lotion: How long does it last? [ 3 Answers ]

Yet another skin-whitening topic. I was wondering. How long does it last till it needs to be reapplied again? If used used frequently and for years, what effect does it have in a long term?

View more questions Search