Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    245961493 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 02:52 PM
    Distracting a baby
    At 15 weeks pregnant my daughters water broke. She did not know by Wednesday the umbilical cord was hanging from her uterus was it harmful to the baby or was it the right decision for the doctor to induce her labor to get the baby out
    lesie Posts: 19, Reputation: -3

Jul 4, 2012, 03:26 PM
    The doctor was right, because depending on how long the cord was, it could have gotten cought on something...
    245961493 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lesie View Post
    The doctor was right, because depending on how long the cord was, it could have gotten cought on something.....
    But she did not check and see if the baby was still alive or not, no ultrasound or nothing, to me that was killing
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Jul 4, 2012, 07:17 PM
    An umbilical cord prolapse is a medical emergency. You can't just put it back in.
    The doctor made the right decision.
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Cord Prolapse
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 09:37 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss, however, the doctor acted appropriately in this situation.

A baby is not viable to live until at least the 24th week of pregnancy. When the membranes rupture at 15 weeks, there is nothing that can be done to save the baby. Doubled with a cord prolapse (that is what your daughter experienced) it is impossible to save the baby as the blood from the mother cannot reach the baby.

At 15 weeks, coupled with a cord prolapse, there was no need to do an ultrasound as there was nothing that could be done to save the pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The mother of my sons baby says she got full custody of their unborn baby... we live I [ 7 Answers ]

My sons baby mama says she got full custody of their unborn baby. We live in ca. Is this even possible? No notice no court date no violence no restraining orders WTH.

An slovakia and born my baby in ireland?1wk ago is my baby irish [ 1 Answers ]

I am slovakia and I have lived in ireland for 2years , can my son get irish citizen or slovakia citizen if I deliver my baby in 2months time in ireland

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

Distracting yourself from calling EX. [ 5 Answers ]

OK me and my (ex) boyfriend are on a no contact break until he figures out if he still wants to be with me. It's a long distance relationship and he is super busy and has no time for me. So now he is deciding if I am still worth it. He told me to not contact him and wait for his phone call. I AM...

View more questions Search