Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlminn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 02:15 PM
    What do I use to bait a trap to catch a groundhog?
    I assume that groundhogs are vegatarians, so what do I bait the trap with?
    Roegge Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Lettuce, carrots, apples and corn

Jul 4, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Thanks... I have got to catch that pesky rascal before he eats all my garden and flowers.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2012, 03:13 PM
    I have heard a lot of people blame ground hogs for eating their tomatoes also. Can't attest to it myself though.

Jul 4, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    I have heard a lot of people blame ground hogs for eating their tomatoes also. Can't attest to it myself though.
    So far my tomatoes are untouched. Usually the turtles get the first ones.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Here's what wik says they eat:
    "Mostly herbivorous, groundhogs primarily eat wild grasses and other vegetation, including berries and agricultural crops, when available.[3] Groundhogs also eat grubs, grasshoppers, insects, snails and other small animals, but are not as omnivorous as many other Sciuridae. Like squirrels, they also have been observed sitting up eating nuts such as shagbark hickory, but unlike squirrels, do not bury them for future use. Groundhogs hydrate through eating leafy plants rather than drinking from a water source."

I frequently see groundhogs right along the shoulders of major highways, sitting up and nibbling so maybe grass is a favorite too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I put a grease trap in my catch basin myself [ 1 Answers ]

Lousy plumber told me a need a grease trap in my catch basin and wants 400 bucks. Can I buy one at a plumbers supply and do it myself?

Need to trap an animal (groundhog?) [ 3 Answers ]

I have an animal (think it's a groundhog) living under my house and getting into my heat and air ducts. What do I do? Who do I call? Can I rent a trap?Help!

Jail Bait [ 5 Answers ]

I am 14 years old, and I have been seeing a guy for a while now, but recently we have started dating, as in girlfriend/boyfriend. People say this is wrong because of the age difference, and I realise that, but what is so bad? Is two people falling in love with each other bad? Is being happy bad? I...

What's the best way to bait and trap gnats? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the best way to trap and kill gnats.I am barely watering my plants.I have no fruit out.I have tried the apple vinegar in a jar with plastic wrap.that hasn't caught one.I also tried the sugar and vinegar in a pop bottle still nothing.I am trying not to use chemicals.Any ideas would be great...

What bait to use to catch a groundhog [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to catch a groundhog. I think I might have more than 1 under my deck. I have live traps. but I don't know what to bait it with. Any help out there? Thanks

View more questions Search