Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3states Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 10:45 AM
    SOL Florida
    I'm facing the same thing in Florida, and I have a court date in August. What is the statute of limitations in Florida? Thanks!
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 3states View Post
    I'm facing the same thing in Florida, and I have a court date in August. What is the statute of limitations in Florida? Thanks!!
    Four years. Debt problems: Statute of Limitations on Debt Collection

Did you plead the SOL in your answer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 4, 2012, 12:07 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. This can lead to confusion. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

In the other thread the OP mentioned that the debt was charged off. Is that your situation? A charge off has nothing to do with the SOL or the ability of a creditor to collect. When was the last activity on the card. When was the suit filed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married in vegas, live in Florida and I want the divorce. Can I do it in Florida? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I got married in Vegas.. I'm from Guatemala, we are still in the process of legalizating me, but we've been having a lot of problems, and I'm actually contemplating a divorce. We live in Florida... do I have to go back to vegas to get a divorce, can I do it from here in Florida.. what about...

Is the sol up or not? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a GA resident, I signed a contract for a car April, 2002... per GA law the sol a written contract sol is for 6 yrs. The car was repo. Once (dont recall what year/month) and per my credit reports the last payment was Aug. 2004 so it was defaulted for the second time Sept. 2004... Is the sol up...

URGENT - SOL Tolling Florida Need a Consumer ATTORNEY [ 15 Answers ]

We have searched the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure and can't find the answer to this question. The situation is this: In January 1999 two people signed a 24 month lease for a car. One person owned the car, the second co-signed (don't think that part matters in this case, both are liable for...

Sol [ 2 Answers ]

What are the SOL for judgments in the state of NY, I recently filed a small claims for monies that are being executed through my husbands payroll for an old medical bill. Monies that should have been originally paid by insurance. When this originally went to court I was not given enough time...

View more questions Search