Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upset woman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 09:27 AM
    20 years age gap, I want children, he already has them.
    I have been with my partner now for 12 years, I am now 32 and he is 52 when we first met I was 21 and he 41 things were fantastic between us we traveled, owned a business had fun and even now we don't argue or fall out

He has 3 children from a previous marriage and they are all grown up and they started having children of their own, so he is now a grandad of 4.

We have a really loving relationship, and I know he adores me, however since hitting my 30's I have been thinking about starting a family of my own, trouble is he had a vasectomy 24 years ago and does not like the idea of having any more children, I have spoken to him and told him this is what I want, he has said he would do anything to keep me and would look at reversals if it means we get to be together. I don' think that this is fair of me to make him do that, I mean when he is 60 he could possibly have a 2-3 year old child when he should be looking at taking it easy.

Also sex between us has almost stopped, not through want of trying on my part but he has a bad job and put's it down to stress, but that makes me feel awful and unwanted, is this something that will get better or is that his age showing!

My question is, should I leave and try meet someone else who wants to settle down have kids and grown old together, should I stay and make him happy but miserable, what should I do ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 09:45 AM
    I don't know what you mean by "make him happy but miserable."

If this relationship is not what you want in the long run, then you need to leave. Persuading someone to have children they aren't sure about or just plain don't want never works out.

The only way to know why sex has slowed down is for him to have a physical and ask his Doctor. I could be age, stress, worrying about pregnancy (I know he's had the surgery), illness or anything in between.

I agree - I wouldn't want to start a new family at his age.

I don't think there's much of a choice here - if it's important to you to have your own family you need to leave.

Reversals don't necessarily work - and it's a painful procedure. To undergo the procedure AND have a child to make you happy might be something he later regrets.

Why is he your partner and not your husband after 20 years? I am always concerned about widow's benefits because bad things can happen to your partner at any age and you will be eligible for nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age gap [ 40 Answers ]

hey my name is anna :) I am new to this site. Anyway I am 18 years old an I am going out with someone who is 32 anyway he is the best person that has happened to me I have been with himoer a year now and I just can't bring myself to tell my parents you have any ideas ow I can? x:confused:

Does Georgia have an age-gap provision for someone 16 years or older [ 1 Answers ]

Does Georgia have an age-gap provision for dating if the girl is 16 and the boy is 22?

Age gap [ 27 Answers ]

Threads merged Hey everyone! So here's the deal: I am 21 yrs old and almost finished my senior yr of college in PA. This 29 yr old guy from work, is flirting with me and he lives in NJ in his own apartment. I have been so awful with relationships up to this point in my life. I am not...

Relationship age gap of 7 years.can it work? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 30, and a girl I have just met is 23. I met her the day before I planned to end my relationship of 6 years with another girlfriend. While I know getting straight into seeing someone has its own issues and problems, I really like this girl and we ar on the same page in terms of taking it...

Age gap between two children [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know what is the minimum age diffrence between two naturally born children from a woman is possible ( i.e. if they are born one after another in the nomal course of delivery )

View more questions Search