Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrandieMills Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 01:56 AM
    I'm having a toilet problem
    What does it mean if the water level in my toilet is really low.. but when I flush the toilet the water level comes up so high it almost touches my butt?! I've been trying to fix it.. I've plunged it. And I've asked several people nobody knows
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 05:31 AM
    It means you have a blockage in the line. You can continue plunging but may need to auger out the line.
    BrandieMills Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    It means you have a blockage in the line. You can continue plunging but may need to auger out the line.
    how? With what?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Start with a closet auger, found at HD, Lowe's etc. You may have to pull the toilet and rent a cleaning machine or have a professional come and do it for you. The blockage could be anywhere in the drain system.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 5, 2012, 09:02 AM
    ma0641's bang on! First purchase a toilet auger,(see image) and auger the bowl, If that doesn't clear the blockage the toilet will have to come up and be snaked by a sewer snake (see image) Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with toilet [ 9 Answers ]

The issue is with the water that comes out the holes in the toilet to fill it up after flushing. Water is still coming out of some of the holes after it fills up, not bad, but a constant drizzle. I had a plumber come out and take a look at it and said he said that wasn't a problem, but that he...

Toilet problem [ 2 Answers ]

No water coming in to the toilet tank from the pipe on the wall and it's not frozen it's summer here . Anyone have an answer thanks .

Toilet Problem [ 2 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet and it fills up the water continues to flow into the bowl. My sewage bill is doubled!! Local DIY store suggests changing everything. I purchased a tank repair kit, but instructions are very vague - at least for this female. Is there someplace I can find pictures to help...

Toilet problem [ 2 Answers ]

I am changing the overflow valve and the one of the bolts and nut is stuck, I have tried wd40, and heated it to see if it would loosen, its holding up the process. What can I do to get this damn bolt and nut alose?

Please help... toilet problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am clueless about plumbing and I have no idea what the parts are in the toilet. But this is what is happening... my toilet is making a loud running water noise and when I look in the toilet, it is bubbling and it won't really flush. When I press the handle it just goes down. When I looked in the...

View more questions Search