Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    112707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Could I get pregnant while breastfeeding?
    Hi! So straight to the point my husband and I have had sex about the 7th of June. Then 2 weeks after that. I have been breast feeding. So I haven't had a period in about 3 months. I have been very sleepy and stomach pains have been on and off. I've had nausia often on and off. My left breast has been very sore. I started bleeding so I assumed it was all period symptoms. However; it has beed very light and brown both days. I took a negative test a week ago. What in the world? Please give me some information?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2012, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 112707 View Post
    Hi! So straight to the point my husband and I have had sex about the 7th of June. Then 2 weeks after that. I have been breast feeding. So I haven't had a period in about 3 months. I have been very sleepy and stomach pains have been on and off. I've had nausia often on and off. My left breast has been very sore. I started bleeding so I assumed it was all period symptoms. However; it has beed very light and brown both days. I took a negative test a week ago. What in the world?? Please give me some information?!
    Yes, you can get pregnant while breastfeeding.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Many women rely on breastfeeding as a form of birth control because breastfeeding can stop ovulation.

Here's where it's tricky. If you become ill, breastfeed less, or anything happens to throw your body off (most times it's that the infant isn't nursing as much), then you will start ovulating again. You will ovulate before you menstruate, so it's very possible for a women to have back to back pregnancies without ever having a period in between.

I really think you should see your doctor about this, get a blood test done. If you're not pregnant, then consider going on the pill until you're ready to try for baby number two.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am breastfeeding, but could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

I had a c-section about 3mths ago afterwards I was bleeding for a few weeks. When it stopped I was still spotting every other day, my Doctor said it was because I was breastfeeding. The week before my 6 week check up I had my menstrual cycle and it lasted for about a week and a half, that was last...

Breastfeeding while pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all. I am currently breastfeeding my 22 month old son and have just found out that I am pregnant. Has anyone breastfed through a pregnancy and is it safe to do so? My son is nowhere near ready to wean. Thanks. :)

Breastfeeding while Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Is it okay if I continue to breastfeed my 10 month old while I'm pregnant. And if yes is there any change to the taste of my milk and what it gives the child

How can you tell pregnant while breastfeeding? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old baby.I am breastfeeding, and no menst. Period yet. Last week had one day light, pinkish spotting. My boyfriend and I had sex the night before. Had negative. Pregnancy test, but am wondering if it is possible it was implantation spotting or just irritation from...

Breastfeeding & Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I am breastfeeding my child. I had no period for a year. Lately I Felt PMS and had very light period 3 day spotting (I thought it was the first period after lactational amenrohea). After that, the PMS symptoms continued few weeks. I got tired. I suspected pregnancy. I took home pregnancy test. ...

View more questions Search