Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpsc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Property tax on inherited property in CA from Uncle
    My uncle passed away, he inherited the house from his father which is my grand parent. So he pass the house to me - his nephew.

My question- Since I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon, what sort of tax am I liable. The house is probably worth $400,000 on the market. My grandparents bought it when it was $140,000 in the 80s. Do I get to keep the low tax rate or is the property re-assets to current market price and tax on that new price

Check out some similar questions!

Tax on sold inherited property [ 7 Answers ]

I inherited my Dads house and I am selling it on a land contract. It is being sold lower then turned in to court house records. Do I turn in the interest being made on the house.Still in my name tntil paid for.

Property tax on inherited property? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 year old salaried person. My father has died who is the owner of flat. My mother has sold the flat for Rs. 18 Lacs which attracted capital gain tax amounting to Rs. 2.5 Lacs. If I want to use that Rs. 18 Lacs for purchasing the new house in the name of mine and mother is not co-applicant...

Tax on sale of Inherited Property [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away in Nov of 2006 and left her home that was in trust to myself and my two sisters. We sold the property in mid 2007. Is there any tax owed on the sale of the home? The house was in trust, so don't know why there would be. But read on IRS site that we must fine the basis of the...

Tax on inherited property [ 4 Answers ]

My mother died in 1980 without a will. The house was split 4 ways and my father was one of the 4. in 1990, he signed his share over to the three kids and has lived there rent free For the past 17 years. Now he is moving and we need to sell the house. He showed me An appraisal done at my...

Tax on Inherited property? [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited a home from my mother. The home was sold six months from the time of her death, and no improvements were made on the home. Do I have to pay capital gains tax?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.