Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alicia37863 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 11:12 AM
    Curious
    Would it be possible to sign myself up for disability for anxiety and get approved even if my kids both received checks of their own? I don't want them to have to go to their dads because the state thinks that since I have anxiety I cannot take care of them or something, because I can.. I feel foolish but need to know.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Is there a "paper trail"? Meaning you've been diagnosed with anxiety, maybe take meds for it, and see a doctor on a regular basis?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alicia37863 View Post
    Would it be possible to sign myself up for disability for anxiety and get approved even if my kids both received checks of their own? I don't want them to have to go to their dads because the state thinks that since I have anxiety I cannot take care of them or something, because I can.. I feel foolish but need to know.

Are you talking about Social Security Disability?

Your children's father is also on SSD?

If their father claims that your anxiety makes you unable to work and otherwise function, yes, he could make that argument in a custody argument.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am curious to know this.. help [ 1 Answers ]

If u have been fingered roughly. Really u a virgin.. and if u saw a spot of blood.. are u a virgin

Just curious a need to know [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to be two weeks pregnamt

Curious [ 3 Answers ]

If my husband was born premature with stage 3 asthma what is the likelyness of the baby girl I'm pregnant with being the same?

... Curious [ 1 Answers ]

So me and my friend were talking the other day about sex, and she said that she is always like getting wet in her underwear during school, not bad, but enough that she thought she was wet or something to that nature. I told her it was probably normal and nothing to worry about, but then when I got...

Just curious [ 7 Answers ]

I was with me ex for three and a half years. I have left since feb. 27. I have let him go but find myself having some serious trust issues. Will that always be a problem or can I overcome it eventually?

View more questions Search