Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Jul 3, 2012, 12:23 AM
    How to WRITE?
    No doubt, I am a writer, but can someone give me some tips to be a better writer. I want to write stories like O Henry, Muppassant, Edgar Ellan Poe and Sadat Hasan Manto. But whenever I start writing, I can't invent plots. How to invent plots like great story tellers of the world? Please someone guide me.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 3, 2012, 03:06 AM
    I don't think writing is about plots per se. It's the message or meaning or concept behind the plot. The plot is merely a vehicle for something thought provoking.
    Unless you want to write pulp fiction. Which sells very well!

Some famous writers say 'Write what you know about.' Other famous writers say 'Please don't - there's nothing more boring. Learn how to invent.'

It really doesn't matter what anyone tells you, because you will find within you the method, style, and reasons for writing that compel you to write.

What's a book you've read recently that impressed you? One novel I like is Life of Pi, Pi being an Indian boy adrift at sea in a lifeboat with some zoo animals, a mysteriously allegorical novel with some interesting turns in the plot. I don't want answers to philosophical questions necessarily! It's a book that was rejected at first by many publishers, but won many awards after finally getting accepted.

But I also like all the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo novels, which are pretty bluntly about a tough young woman fighting back against sexual discrimination and abuse. They are action packed and sold millions and were made into movies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write write quarentors form, and how to write campany form for loan to individ [ 0 Answers ]

How to write form on loan to individual and application forms

I write - I write a LOT [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: The problem is, I write HERE. In fact, I have a body of work that spans over 10 years. What good is it? I had a blog once called askexcon.. But, they were already asking me questions HERE. So, it went kablooie.. I tried to write story's. But, my apostrophes were always in the...

My girlfriend wants me to write her a soppy message, what do I write or say ? [ 18 Answers ]

Well yeah, my girlfriend wants me to write a soppy, love felt message and I don't know what to write. Can anyone help me or give me some clues ? Would be a big help thanks

View more questions Search