Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c_nebenfuhr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 01:17 PM
    Federal grants for buying/building first home
    My name is Charles. I live in Merced, Ca. I am the sole bread winner for my family of 8. Possibly looking for land to grow agriculture on.
    Been looking and looking. But I can't seem to find anything. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Hello c:

The only subsidy the government gives to homeowners is the interest deduction... That's a pretty BIG hand out.

excon
    c_nebenfuhr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 08:55 AM
    So how do I get that when I buy the house/property?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Hello c:

You don't get it when you buy the house. You get it when you file your taxes.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying an apartment building from father ( no mortgage on apartment building) [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question that I hope you can help me with or at least point me in the right direction to get the required information. My father is 86 and currently owns a single family home ( where he resides) and owns a 4 family apartment building ( No mortgage) . He no longer wants to deal with the...

Grants for Federal Inmates [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone has any info to help me, I am currently in search of finding out more on resources (grant money) to help federal inmates start their own business once release from custody. {Moved from Introductions, please pay more attention to posting rules-<>}

Federal felon grants [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a feln want to know if there is a business grant avaible

Are there any federal grants [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if there is any type of grants, that can help someone get their CDL, I've been pricing all the schools, but they cost so much. In the past I drove OTR, for about 4 yrs, and I was missing my family grow, so I let my CDL expire, I have a super clean record, but since 2000, when...

Federal Grants for building a house [ 2 Answers ]

I've heard from some family members that there may be grants available for building a new house. I've done some searching online, but haven't been able to find anything. I live in Nebraska and am looking to build a house in a town of 6500 people. I heard there were grants for building in a town of...

View more questions Search