Mar 1, 2007, 05:00 PM
    What is the biggest diamond

It is a planet
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 05:04 PM
    A litte Google goes a long way.

http://www.worlds-largest-diamonds.com/

Cullinan I - also known as The Star of Africa was named after Sir Thomas Cullinan, owner of the mining company, and currently claims the title of largest cut diamond in the world. Of all the worlds largest diamonds Cullinan I is the largest. It was cut by Asscher in Amsterdam, weighs 530.20 carats, and has 74 facets. The Cullinan now resides in the Tower of London and is set in the sceptre of King Edward VII.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Planets and diamonds are very different, this makes no sense
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Actually the post is in the right section, The white dwarf star BPM 37093 is believed to have a core of diamond, 4000km in diameter.

It weighs 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 carats, your 530 carat diamond pales in comparison, eh shygrneyzs?

Beat that! :)

(It's not a planet though... There's no reason a planet can't be made of diamond though.. but it's very hard to work out what planets outside our own solar system are made of, as the spectrum of the star floods the signal from the spectrum of the planet, I doubt that a planet made of diamond has been discovered).

I guess I'm trying to say "LowTax4Eva, WHY should a planet be different from a diamond?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biggest Diamonds? [ 6 Answers ]

What's the biggest recored diamon din the world? And how much is it worth? Curiousity!!

Biggest mistake of my life [ 139 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been reading through the responses in here, and you all seem like really great people. I haven't found resolution to my situation so I'm hoping your insight could help me. My boyfriend of a year a half finally called it quits with me. We met only a week after I called...

Do you watch The Biggest Loser ? [ 6 Answers ]

To tell you the truth I am fan of The Biggest Loser show and I can relate to a lot of the problems those people are going through. How many of you are watching this show. Do you like it ?

The biggest Mistake I have ever made [ 17 Answers ]

I found a girl on a dating site, she is from different country. We started talking and she asked me my photo. I was not serious about the friendship, so I gave fake photo to her. Days passed and we came very close to each other. I started thinking of her. Because she is the one with all qualities...

View more questions Search