Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Indiangirl323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 10:59 AM
    My daughters aunt is demanding visitation rights
    My boyfriend and I have a daughter in common and his sister is taking us to court for visitation rights. My daughter will be three in a couple of months and her aunt has been a part of her life since she was born. She hasn't had a huge part of her life, just once in a while she would baby sit or we would meet up for ice cream she was her closest relative but that was only because she lived 5 minutes down the road. A very big blowout happened back in November of 2011 and she hasn't seen my daughter since. We temporarily moved in with her back in October of 2011. We were going to take over her lease in two weeks because she was moving in with her boyfriend, but two weeks turned into a month and then two. I was never there for no more than 3 to 4 days at a time because I was uncomfortable because we were never close. So in total we probably stayed with her for a max of a month ( on and off). As I said earlier we had a blow out from some serious issues and she had us leave on short notice. She is stating since we lived with her she bonded with my daughter and she has rights. Is this true? We don't want to see her, she has always acted like her mother and not her aunt. I am a very good mother all the way around and she has always wanted a little girl. I feel as though she is trying to play pretend with my daughter besides the other drama she has in her life. She hasn't seen her in 7 months and we want to keep it that way. Does she have a case? We reside in ny I know there are no rights to visitation for aunts but she claims she did extra bonding.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiangirl323 View Post
    ... Does she have a case? ...
    As I just told her in this thread, No.

Actually, I don't think it was the same aunt or the same jurisdiction, but the answer is still no. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does an aunt have visitation rights at all in the state of Oregon? [ 6 Answers ]

I was awarded full custody of my daughter in 2007. She is now four and a half and we have a happy life together. Her father is not in the picture currently. She has had a relationship with her father's sister for the last year and a half and now that I just told her that she couldn't see her one...

Visitation rights as an aunt. [ 4 Answers ]

My soon to be sister in law does not allow me to see my nephew. I have seen him every week since he was born. We have always had a great relationship. This all began when she I mentioned to her that I invited her step daughter(my niece) to my sons 3rd birthday. I let her know in advance because my...

How can an aunt get visitation? [ 5 Answers ]

I am the aunt of a two year old boy who I love more than my own life. His Grandparents, my parents, have recently gotten custody and because of a disagreement, they will no longer let me see him. I have been with him almost everyday since his birth until recently and would like to know how I can...

What can I do for visitation rights as an aunt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! My name is Lizeth, I am 21 years old. And I have a 2 year old son. Married, and going to college. I wanted to know what can I do for visitation rights as an aunt? Ever since my niece was born (I was at the time living with my mother and in high school) My brother and his girlfriend would leave...

Can an AUNT get visitation? [ 4 Answers ]

Can an aunt get visitation when she is banned from seeing her niece and nephew? This has taken place by the mother of the children. The father of children is my brother!! Also, I live in Indiana, have been married for 20 years, have a 19 year old daughter and a 23 year old son.

View more questions Search