Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renita24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 05:51 AM
    Spouses won't grant divorce
    I have a ouestion,I have been with this person for 8 years and we live as husband and wife we have everything together in our nme but we are both marry to other people who will not give us a divorce to marry what can we do.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by renita24 View Post
    ... we have everything together in our nme but we are both marry to other people who will not give us a divorce to marry what can we do.
    You do not have to beg your spouse to "give" you a divorce. You file a lawsuit in court by which you ask the court to give you a divorce decree. If the spouse fails to answer, he or she can be defaulted and a divorce entered. If the spouse does answer, the case is set for trial and the judge will decide the terms of the divorce.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2012, 09:31 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I've moved your question to its own thread.

All US states have some form of no-fault divorce. A spouse can't just refuse a divorce. They can fight it, but given your circumstances I can't see a judge not agreeing to your divorces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will Judge not Grant me a Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Both my husband and I have agreed on the terms of the divorce and signed the Divorce Papers. The final hearing is scheduled in 2 weeks. My concern is that Georgia requires individuals with children who are divorcing to complete a 4 hour parenting class. My husband is in prison and is unable to...

What divorce forms are needed when spouses live in 2 different countries? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a USA citizen and he is a UK citizen. We have been married for 2-1/2 years but have been living in separate countries for the past 2 years. He has moved on and found someone new. He has no desire to come to the USA so he wants a divorce. What forms do I need to obtain to get a divorce without...

Middle of divorce and spouse is not wanting to grant visitation. [ 5 Answers ]

My life for last four and half months. I have always considered my children and wife first in everything I did in my married life. Finances got very tough with last year and wife at that time obtain employment after being home with children for last 13yrs. After she started to work she would not...

What happens in divorce with spouses check [ 7 Answers ]

I have another question, I am on ssi now (for a back injury), its permanent. I will use round numbers to make it easy, first off I have a wife (not working , and 2 children (ages 15 and 5) I receive a check for $1300 and the rest of my family each get a check for appx $216 apiece ( that's the wife...

Once divorce papers are filed can spouses liquidate material assets? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm living with my son and his wife while my wife and I go through divorce. Once either party files for divorce are the assets frozen for disposition later or can a spouse start liquidating material assets without the other spouses knowledge?

View more questions Search