Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DawnDawn Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
    I know all about that way of thought, I embraced it for years but no more. We are forgiven for our sins because we are not perfect but we are still to try to follow God's laws and commandments and when we fail we are to turn to him for forgiveness. If there are no laws then there is no sin and if there is no sin there was no reason for a sacrificial lamb to die for our sins. You have been duped like most Christians today. You say it doesn't make good sense, these scriptures are not mine but God's. Are you saying His scriptures make no sense? You need to set aside all the man made school of thought and go to the Creator and ask him for the truth and also eyes that see and ears that hear.

1 John 3:4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

I'm glad you love God. You can have it both ways however, if you love God you keep his commandments and when you fail because you're human he forgives. But how can He forgive if we don't repent and how can we repent if we believe there is no sin or no law?

1 John 5:2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world.

Jul 27, 2012, 01:30 PM
    I'm glad you love God. You can have it both ways however, if you love God you keep his commandments and when you fail because you're human he forgives. But how can He forgive if we don't repent and how can we repent if we believe there is no sin or no law?
    You say it does not make good sense, these scriptures are not mine but God's. Are you saying His scriptures make no sense? You need to set aside all man made school of thought and go to the Creator and ask him for the truth and also eyes that see and ears that hear. -
    1 John 3:4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
    1 John 5:2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 01:59 PM
    We keep his commandments not because we have to, but because we want to, Heven can not be earned, that is the entire message of Christ and the bible.

they were not adding keep his commandments as a requirement, just that it will happen, since if you are not following his commandments then one can tell that you are not part of Christ.

You seem to either be trying to argue or misunderstanding what they wrote, they did not write you had to do both, they said you will do both because of the grace.

We do not need salvation just because of what we do, we need it because of the sin we inherited from Adam, all mankind is not saved because of the sin of Adam. At repentance it is that sin we are lifted from. After accepting him, we are not under the law, so our sin can not separte us from Christ and the Father. We ask forgiveness for the things we do wrong, because we are sorry for them, and because we want to remove this from our life. Not to allow salvation, that is given once when we accept Christ, but the sin in our lifes can effect our blessings

Jul 30, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Yes by George you've got it, we keep the law not in order to be saved but because He told us to, that is why we are still to keep them, not to be saved but because we are to be obedient children.

One day a little boy who was feeling a bit neglected by his busy father went up to his dad and asked, "If I'm real good and if I follow all your rules and not hit my sister, will you spend some time with me and love me like you did before?"

The father held his little boys face in his hands and told him, "son I love you no matter what, when your good and even when you do things that are bad, don't you know that?"

The little boy responded, "you love me even when I don't follow the rules?"

"Of course son, I love you just because you are mine and I will always love you."

Later the same little boy went out to play and he told all his friends how much his dad loved him and he was so happy. Then a bully who lived down the street heard about this and he came up to the little boy and pretended to be his friend. The little boy was happy to see the bully finally being nice to him. The bully told him, "Wow, you're so lucky, now you don't have to follow any rules anymore, you can do what ever you want!"

The little boy thought about this and decided to go ask his dad about it. "Daddy, since you love me no matter what then I guess I don't have to follow your rules anymore."

"Son, you still need to follow the rules because the rules were put into place to keep you happy and safe and also to keep those you live with and play with happy and safe." "Think about how it would be if there were no rules, yes you could steal your sisters stuff and then lie about it but others could also steal from you and lie about it, you see?"

The little boy did see, "Gosh Dad, I never thought of that, I don't want people to steal from me or lie or any of that stuff." "I guess that bully down the street was wrong again."

The Dad smiled and asked his son, "Oh, I see, it was the enemy that told you, you didn't have to follow the rules anymore, why would you listen to him, he's never wanted anything but to do you harm?"

"He was acting so nice and everthing but from now on I'm only going to listen to you."

Jul 30, 2012, 09:09 AM
    You might think that everything written in the book we call the bible is all God's words but it isn't. The fact is there are holy scriptures and then there are man's words. If you've ever read any of the book of Job you can see that Job's friends had a lot to say to Job and they even quoted scripture and though the scripture was right what did God have to say about their words at the end of Job?

Job 42:7 And it was so that after the Lord had spoken these words unto Job the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee and against thy two friends for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right as my servant Job hath. Yes their words were in the Bible but no they were not right.

Jul 30, 2012, 09:14 AM
    There are people who claim to be sent by God but are not. Jeremiah 23:21 I have not sent these prophets yet they ran, I have not spoken to them yet they prophesied. This continues to be true. Paul claimed that God sent him but some of his teachings conflict with God's teachings and many children of God have been confused, tricked and deceived by his letters. Some of his teachings are correct but not all. His letters are merely a history of the early church, every word out of his mouth is not God breathed. This is the crucial point I've been making. It needs to be said. God bless you all and God give you eyes that see, ears that hear and a heart willing to accept the entire truth and only the truth.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
    The thing is, we don't "have to" (to quote DawnDawn) follow the rules any more. The obligation and requirements no longer exist because of Jesus' perfect sacrifice for all of us for all time, so we no longer have to make regular sacrifices for sin like in the OT.

We follow the rules because that is how we show God we love Him and how we thank Him for sending His Son..

That means the little boy in your story will obey his father's rules, not out of fear and because he has no choice (and knows he will be punished if he messes up), but because he loves his father and wants to thank him for keeping him safe.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2012, 11:05 AM
    DD,

When you know who you ARE in Christ and you have received his GIFT of righteousness, sin doesn't reign in your life. Jesus does. No rules are needed. When we BELIEVE right... we LIVE right. The STRENGTH of sin.. is the law.

Aug 6, 2012, 07:13 AM
    Thanks for pointing out just what I'm talking about. I'm glad you keep His laws out of love but there are some people who use Paul's false statements that we no longer have to keep the law as an excuse to sin. Satan asked Eve, "Did God really say that?" "Did God say you couldn't eat from that tree?" "Did God really say you had to follow His Law?" Paul said no, Jesus said yes. If you disagree with what Jesus said but accept what Paul said then I know who your God is.

True or False:
    In all your ways acknowledge Paul and he will direct your path.
    In the beginning was Paul and Paul was with God and Paul was God.
    Paul is the bread of Life. Take eat this is Paul’s body, drink, this is Paul’s blood.
    Behold a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a son and they shall call his name Paul?
    Yes that is ludacris but you see the point I’m making. If Paul is not Messiah, and he is not God nor the son of God, why then do Christians put his teachings above Y’shua’s?

Aug 6, 2012, 07:14 AM
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    What does it mean to believe in him? Does it just mean to believe he exists? Is it enough just to believe that yes he is the Messiah, the Holy Son of God, One with God, is that enough? What about believing in what he said? Isn't that part of it. I mean if you believe he is who he says he is, why not believe in what he says as well?
    Read the Red Lettering in the Gospels

Aug 6, 2012, 07:56 AM
    I would like to add that Satan is working overtime trying to villainize anyone who is revealing the truth about the letters of Paul. He is adept at confusion and his main goal is to make you doubt the truth. He has been using the Islamic religion to do this as they have said that Paul's words are lies. Satan might fool some but those who are truly God's children will know the truth. Just because I have revealed the truth about Paul's letters not being God breathed does not mean I am in anyway connected with Islam or the crazies trying to denounce God's word. God's word is perfect. It is man's word that I have trouble with.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Aug 6, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Oh snore... this post is so absolutely boring. Why OP, do you ask a question like this? Are you taking a survey? Are you out to try and change people's views so they see things the way you do? I really don't think you are accomplishing much of anything here... at least in my opinion you aren't.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 08:14 AM
    This thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do spirits follow me? [ 3 Answers ]

The earliest memory I have of a spirit, was when I was 6 and I was in my kitchen, no one around.. windows doors all shut and I felt like I HAD to bend down. So I got on my honkers and I swear to this day it felt as though a spirit had flew right over my head. Then after that.. Every night I slept...

What should I do follow my dreams [ 1 Answers ]

I people I am just here doing nothing just wanting to now if I should be an actress and singer but I have stage fright but I really like to sing and act so what should I do I am going to start guitar lessons and singing lessons at school I am also going to be in swimming and soccer also so what...

Follow Up on the Ex [ 7 Answers ]

We started talking regularly again about 2 months ago. I was involved in a very bad accident, and was hospitalized and in a coma. My sister text messaged everybody in my phone to inform them of my status and the Ex's number was still in there. When I came to she was one of the first people to call...

Follow up to Should I contact him [ 2 Answers ]

I called him a week ago. We talked for an hour on the phone mostly about him. I asked if he wanted to go out and grab a bite to eat and he said he was busy but would call me another time and get together. He hasn't called back Should I call him again or leave it be. I did not mention anything...

View more questions Search