Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teensportychick Posts: 192, Reputation: 15

Jul 1, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Jobs for a 15 year old?
    Im from Montana and I don't even know if I want a job because I am busy all school year and I don't want to be busy all summer... So I have 3 questions...

1. Would it be a good idea to get a job?

2. What jobs should I look for?

3. Can I even get a job at 15?

Thank you for reading this! :)

And BTW I get my car next year sooo I need a job eventually:P
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 07:53 PM
    What type of interests, do you live in the country or a city ? Have you discussed working with your parents

Jul 1, 2012, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    What type of interests, do you live in the country or a city ? Have you discussed working with your parents
    I like talking to people so my parents thought maybe I could work in like a restrant or something with costomer service... And I live in like a city
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 06:53 AM
    What "restrants" are in your area? Fast food, something else?

Jul 2, 2012, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What "restrants" are in your area? Fast food, something else?
    We have a lot of restaurants around here... we have quite a few pizza chains but we have a lot of others too.

Sorry for spelling some things wrong but I spilled orange juice on my keyboard... and it is a pain in the butt to always go back and fix them... so you can stop making fun of it.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teensportychick View Post
    We have alot of restarants around here.....we have quite a few pizza chains but we have alot of others too.

sorry for spelling some things wrong but i spilled orange juice on my keyboard....and it is a pain in the butt to always go back and fix them...so you can stop making fun of it.

It is difficult to take you seriously when you cannot spell. Same with texting. Run spell check.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 09:46 AM
    What about doing chores for elderly people in your neighborhood? Maybe visit a nearby senior center and chat up the people who hang out there and get their opinion about that and maybe some ideas. Or find area mothers who need someone to care for the children while she gets work done around the house.

Jul 2, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What about doing chores for elderly people in your neighborhood? Maybe visit a nearby senior center and chat up the people who hang out there and get their opinion about that and maybe some ideas. Or find area mothers who need someone to care for the children while she gets work done around the house.
    Thank you! :) I never thought of going to the senior center before and I'm sure they need some help around the house:) I babysit now but I just don't babysit enough to get money for gas later in life. Do ou have any ideas on how to get my name out more?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 10:02 AM
    First, I ask you to be more forgiving of advice you receive here, some of which you don't want to hear, but take it all in and say a nice "thank you." I have seen you at your best so I know you have a good heart.

Ask at the senior center if they have paying jobs right at the center itself. And some of the seniors may want yard work done (bushes trimmed or weeds pulled--be sure you know what you are doing and how to do it) or light housework done (vacuuming or dusting or kitchen cabinets cleaned out). You would do well to be able to give out info listing at least three references with names, addresses, and phone numbers -- people who trust you and will tell potential clients that you are not a thief or axe murderer.

And I can put you to work (for free) writing a blog post about something. PM me if you are interested. I'll clean up any of your misspellings. ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 10:12 AM
    At your age, you must be careful about how you "get your name out." There are lots of weird people out there, even in Montana. Word-of-mouth "ads" by you to friends and their families and by your parents and their friends will probably help you the most. These people know you and can attest to your trustworthiness.

Make a list of what you can do well.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
    First, I ask you to be more forgiving of advice you receive here, some of which you don't want to hear, but take it all in and say a nice "thank you." I have seen you at your best so I know you have a good heart.

Ask at the senior center if they have paying jobs right at the center itself. And some of the seniors may want yard work done (bushes trimmed or weeds pulled--be sure you know what you are doing and how to do it) or light housework done (vacuuming or dusting or kitchen cabinets cleaned out). You would do well to be able to give out info listing at least three references with names, addresses, and phone numbers -- people who trust you and will tell potential clients that you are not a thief or axe murderer.

And I can put you to work (for free) writing a blog post about something. PM me if you are interested. I'll clean up any of your misspellings. ;)

I advocate part-time for seniors. There is no way that this attitude is going to translate into helping the elderly. Sorry, but I see a whole lot of "mind your own business" and attempts to run the Board.

Write a blog? Certainly. Volunteer? I don't see it happening.

Sorry - and you know I love you WG and I bow to your experience but I can only imagine what her mouth is like live and in person.

Back to working at a pizza place.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Write a blog? Certainly. Volunteer? I don't see it happening.
    I'm looking forward to getting a blog essay out of her. I think she has potential and can rise to the occasion. Stay tuned!
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 10:49 AM
    I'm looking forward to getting a blog essay out of her. I think she has potential and can rise to the occasion. Stay tuned!

I'm tuned -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jobs for a 12 year old to babysit [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any moms who need a babysitter for up to 3 kids because I'm good with todlers(1-9) and young school aged kids so plese help me get a job!

Jobs for a 11 year old? [ 3 Answers ]

I am just about to be 12 And I need a to earn so money Do you have any jobs?

Is there any jobs that an 11 year old can get? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a job that an 11 year old can do. I've heard that there's something called "freelancing" but I don't know what that is. I am saving up to get a horse that I saw, but I need to save up some money. I am probably one of those "Pony mad" girls. Umm... I guess I could be all right...

View more questions Search