Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike9288 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 03:12 PM
    Electric question ?
    Want to run 100 amp service to a detached garage from 200 amp power pole, approx. 135 feet what size wire should be used.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2012, 01:19 PM
    Mike,
    I'll assume you have 240 Volts, 80% load, #2 AWG copper with a 1.7% voltage drop.
    If you use aluminum, #1/0 AWG aluminum with a 1.8% voltage drop.
    mike9288 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Thanks, was leaning towards 4/0 but guess that might be over kill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ejector Pump and Related Electric Question [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My question is simple, I have to install an injector pump in my basement crawl, and I will be doing so to code. However, in terms of getting power to the injector pump I wanted to hear what people normally do. I currently have a sump pump within the vicinity of where I will be installing the...

GE Electric Motor hook up question. [ 7 Answers ]

Here is a puzzle for yeah, I have a GE 2 HP capacitor start electric motor. Model # 5KC49QG525, 60hz, 1725 rpm, single phase, serial number BGL. It is currently not hooked up to electric power so I have no idea what it was using, 115 or 230. It has six wires coming out of it. Three are...

Electric Base board heaters, wiring/thermostat question [ 1 Answers ]

I have three rooms in a large house that do not have hot air vents so I installed electric base board heaters. The heaters I bought are Fahrenheat 96 In. Electric Baseboard Heater, and also a 72 inch and a 48 inch. I also purchased the on-unit thermostats for the units. The 96 inch and 48 inch...

Electric baseboard question [ 4 Answers ]

I had asked in heating and cooling and didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try here since it sort of applies. I have always read that when you have gas or the like furnace, over-sizing can kill your efficiency because of the short cycles. This makes the furnace not get up to peak efficiency....

Electric Dryer Question [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Electric Dryer that is taking entirely too long to dry clothes. It takes about 3 dryer cycles (approximately 3 hours) to get one regular load of clothes to dry completely. When I open the dryer, it feels pretty warm/hot. Any ideas what could be causing this?

View more questions Search