Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinhein Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 12:23 PM
    Can I be terminated while on sick leave
    I had a doctor visit for a small procedure that lead to me having to be on a prescription medication.I was given a written doctors recomondation to stay off my.I had to work that day,I called in and told them I was told by my doctor to stay bed riden.my employeer was OK with this.the next day I was told again by my doctor to stay bed riden,I also had work that day.I called in again and told them I was to stay home<they were not OK with this and I was written up.I was informed by my employeer today that if I called in again(even with a doctors recommondation)i would be terminated.is this a legal action they can do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2012, 12:28 PM
    ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Most employment is at will meaning they can terminate you for any reason. If you are not under a contract or a union member, then you subject to their whim.

Does the company have any policy on sick leave?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick leave [ 2 Answers ]

Why do nurses have to pay back hours after having been off sick?

Sick leave! [ 4 Answers ]

Sent to me from a friend. SICK LEAVE I urgently needed a few days off work, but I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave. I thought that maybe if I acted 'CRAZY' then he would tell me to take a few days off. So, I hung upside down on the ceiling and made funny noises.

Sick Leave [ 3 Answers ]

I urgently needed a few days off work, but I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave. I thought that maybe if I acted 'CRAZY' then he would tell me to take a few days off. So I hung upside down on the ceiling and made funny noises. My co-worker (who's blonde) asked me what I was...

View more questions Search