Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayrice Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 08:51 PM
    Won't work on auto
    My air won't work on auto butt will on on. When I put it on on the blower blows but the unit outside won't come on. I have to manually push in contact button. When I push in contact button it works fine. I have changed the thermostat but it didn't help
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2012, 05:06 AM
    Sounds like the contactor is bad if it works.mechanically.

Jul 1, 2012, 10:24 AM
    If u push the contact button in with a stick it runs fine. If u set the thermostat it won't come on. U have to manually hold button in.. Will that hurt anything by holding the button in with a stick till I figure out the problem.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2012, 11:29 AM
    No. It does shut off?

Jul 1, 2012, 03:12 PM
    I have a stick propped up holding the button in. When it gets to the right temp I go out and take the stick out. Do u still think it's the contactor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't work [ 4 Answers ]

After a rain storm my power strip stopped working... I hit te reset button and still nothing... what else is there to do?

Heil electric furnace blower won't auto cycle. [ 0 Answers ]

My Heil electric furnace blower won't cycle. The heating elements come on fine and cycle. The blower will turn on if I over-ride and turn it on. But the blower will not cycle on its own. Is there a dirty sensor? Relay out?

1991 nissan pathfinder sev6, power windowes won't work and auto door lock won't work [ 1 Answers ]

All the switches on the driver side door panel will not operate the locks and windows--service repairman said it was the relay-- where is it and what does it look like--pictures are un unavalible at checker and adv auto pts stores and chilton mechanical books

View more questions Search