Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mcturtle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Cool on blink
    Why does the cool on blink on the thermostat and it doesn't get cold in the house
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2012, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcturtle View Post
    Why does the cool on blink on the thermostat and it doesn't get cold in the house
    Go outside and see if the AC units running? If it is there are 2 copper pipes, 1 is larger/fatter, this should be "beer can cold" icy wet! Is it? If not you have a problem.
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Jun 30, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Is any air coming out of the vents in the house? You're a coil could be frozen, you could be low on freon, it could be any number of things. I would first shut off the system, give it about an hour, and turn it back on, see how that works.
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2012, 07:42 PM
    If the outdoor units running and the suction lines beer can cold, then yes, especially if the filters dirty or non existent, I might add to set the fan to "on" rather than 'auto" this will be continuous fan which will defrost the coil much faster than just sitting there off and no fan blowing ambient temperature air into it or hopefully across it! If its frozen , its likely dirty/obstructed requiring a chemical cleaning with coil cleaner, available at HVAC supply houses, it's a mild acid that goes on liquid to permeate the coils then foams up and pushes the dirt and debris out and shines the aluminum coil like new!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace keeps shutting off. The red light will blink once, pause blink again, pau [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace keeps shutting off. The red light will blink once, pause blink again, pause and so on. The only way to get it to go back on is if I go to the thermostat and slide the notch until I hear a click and turn it back up. I than go back to furnace unplug wire, plug it back in and it kicks...

Not Cool Canyon College... Not cool [ 10 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me if I have a case against canyon college. I spent around 4k getting my BS, now that I'm 2 classes away, A) I found out they were a scam, B) They decided suddenly to no longer offer my major 3) nobody wants to talk to me anymore, they ignore my emails or refer me to others... come...

Cool air, but not keeping house cool during heat of day [ 1 Answers ]

Unit is blowing cool air, but not keeping house cool during the heat of the day

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

View more questions Search