Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zograp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Can a Notary in one state notarize the documents from another state
    I have a house in Ca and I live in CA ,but my mortgage papers was notorized in AZ by AZ state 's notary public.Is it a legal to have on your documents Notary seal from another state?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Notarization simply means that the signatures on the document were witnessed by the notary. Where were the documents signed?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
    If you were in Arizona when you signed the documents before the Arizona notary, that would be proper. It doesn't matter where you reside or where the property is.
    zograp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 12:08 AM
    I was not there. I live in LA, and my property is located in LA.Simply, I got a Substitution of Trustee and Full Reconveyance ,signed someone from Recon Trust company, N.A. and someone else from Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems.Ins. And that was notarizes in Arizona. Was that legal without my presence?
    Thanks a lot for your help
    Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 05:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zograp View Post
    I was not there. I live in LA, and my property is located in LA.Simply, I got a Substitution of Trustee and Full Reconveyance ,signed someone from Recon Trust company, N.A. and someone else from Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems.Ins. And that was notarizes in Arizona. Was that legal without my presence?.
    thanks a lot for your help
    Yes. The change of trustee doesn't have to be signed by you. It was signed and notarized in Arizona. Nothing wrong with that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 05:29 AM
    They can not notarize YOUR signing unless they are present and watch you sign.

They may notarize others signing.
    Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    They can not notarize YOUR signing unless they are present and watch you sign.

They may notarize others signing.
    Correct. The transaction OP describes appears to be an assigment of a deed of trust (somewhat similar to a mortgage) from one lender to another (M.E.R.S. is just a nominee for the purpose of the interstate transfer and recording of real-estate related documents.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zograp View Post
    . Was that legal without my presence?.
    Unless your signature was required for this document, I don't understand what your issue is. As we have stated, notarization is simply verifying that the signatures were made real. It appears this document did not require your signature but did require notarization of those who signed it.

I don't really understand why you are questioning. Sounds to me like you are trying to grasp at a technicality to overturn something. It doesn't appear you have any beef with the signing of this document.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notarize Documents in another State [ 2 Answers ]

Can a Notary notarize documents in another state?

If my Notary is for WA can I notarize documents from CA? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a Notary Public in WA and was asked to notarize some documents from someone in CA while they are in WA is that legal?

Notary in one state notarize documents from another state [ 2 Answers ]

Can a notary from one state notarized documents from another state?

Notary in one state notarizes Affidavit from another state [ 6 Answers ]

The facts as stated in an affidavit filed in a court case can be proven to be false (perjury). It was sworn before a notary that it was true under the penalty of perjury; however, the Affidavit was written for a District of Columbia notary. The notary that notarized the Affidavit is not a notary...

Notarize Indian Documents [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US from India in March 2007. I need to give my signature on some legal Indian documents. For that either it requires my personal presence in India in the Register Office or I should sign this in the presence of a Notary over here, get it notarized and send the documents. Please...

View more questions Search