Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xchanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
    Owner in prison left all content in the home who can claim it.
    The owner of a nearby home went to jail and now I'm seeing people around the house. I was wondering how do you go about claiming what's in the house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Are you a relative? Do you have any property in the house you can claim? If not, mind your own business. If you think people are looting the house, call the police.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Just because the owner is in prison doesn't make his stuff free for the taking. If you help yourself to the contents of the house, you might join the owner- in prison.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worked on a car and owner left [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced a bad head gasket and brakes all around the car was being financed any to get the money owed or get the car

The owner and the bank claim its not their property [ 4 Answers ]

Okay please bare with me on this confusion , I sold this house in 2007 , I was the first owner of this house . Since then the guy I sold it to filed bankruptcy and no longer lives in the house , he moved to porta Rico . The house has been empty for 2 yrs . I have been asking him to sell it back to...

If two people own a home can one owner charge the other owner rent [ 1 Answers ]

If two people qwn one home can the other owner charge rent

1/3 home owner family estate. Can I borrow with home as colatural? [ 1 Answers ]

My brothers and I each own 1/3 of estate property that we want to sale in the near future. Is it possible I could get a loan based on my 1/3 of the estate? With consent of brothers, and how would they be effected?

View more questions Search