Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sum41 Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jun 30, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Im 14- I need help w/ a boy I like
    I'm a 14 year old girl. Now that school's out I'm bummed out..
    In one of my classes there was a boy I didn't notice until a couple of weeks ago when he sat near me and we chatted. I think he's very attractive, funny and friendly(: I don't know him too much but he's in my grade(also 14) and I can't get him out of my head!
    I've had thoughts about waiting till school starts and maybe trying to be friends first and maybe then he will like me back.. When I talk to him I get nauseous :P

Please give me some tips and help! Thanks in advance
    -Talia
    deville p Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Jun 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Just enjoy your summer and be a kid. You trying to grow up to fast. I promise you not ready.

Jun 30, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deville p View Post
    Just enjoy your summer and be a kid. You trying to grow up to fast. I promise you not ready.
    Being a teen is all about your social life.. Especially your friends and GUYS fill your head.. I can't really help myself when I like someone.. :P
    sgree175 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Jun 30, 2012, 09:42 PM
    Girl I know how you feel is is deffinate tourment thinking about it my answer is think clearly and tell this supposed hottie that you enjoyed having a conversation with him and would love to do it again

P.S. u go girl you do it and don't get held back and seriously follow your own advice unlike me love Sharni

Jun 30, 2012, 10:55 PM
    Sharni, thank you so much for making me feel good about myself and secure about my feelings.. (:

Jul 2, 2012, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum41 View Post
    Sharni, thank you soo much for making me feel good about myself and secure about my feelings..(:
    That's OK being 14 myself it is totes hard to let a hottie know that you like him

P.S. can you help with my question please? GOOD LUCK

Jul 2, 2012, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sgree175 View Post
    thats ok being 14 myself it is totes hard to let a hottie kno that u like him

P.S. can u help with my
    question plz? GOOD LUCK
    Haha you its hard:P
    Sure, what's your question? Can you send a link?
    Thanks, good luck to you too!

Jul 2, 2012, 03:39 PM
    I might as well write it, you see I'm having trouble getting the male species attracted .most just ask them out and seem easy.me I have to get to know the guy but the we are too "friends" to date.how do t get a guy without seeming easy

Jul 2, 2012, 04:45 PM
    i might as well write it, u see i'm having trouble getting the male species attracted .most just ask them out and seem easy.me i have to get to know the guy but the we are too "friends" to date.how do t get a guy without seeming easy
    Please please please heellpp me you seem genuine
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 04:52 PM
    girl i know how u feel is is deffinate tourment thinking about it my answer is think clearly and tell this supposed hottie that u enjoyed having a convo with him and would luv to do it again

P.S. u go girl u do it and don't get held back and seriously follow your own advice unlike me luv Sharni

Could you try this again without the text speak in a language I might understand?

You've been reminded about the text speak before.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 04:54 PM
    plz plz plz heellpp me u seem genuine

You realize you just quoted and answered yourself, right?

Jul 2, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You realize you just quoted and answered yourself, right?
    Not everybody has knowledge of every detail on this site Judy and Scott!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 08:40 PM
    Not everybody has knowledge of every detail on this site Judy and Scott!
    It's not hard to figure out. It's a very easy layout. Very very easy.

There's really no excuse. If you can't use the site correctly, watch, learn, and ask before you start using the site. That's what the rest of us did.

Also, reading the rules, which clearly state that chat speak isn't allowed (not you, but the other posters on this thread), would also be a good idea.

Jul 2, 2012, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It's not hard to figure out. It's a very easy layout. Very very easy.

There's really no excuse. If you can't use the site correctly, watch, learn, and ask before you start using the site. That's what the rest of us did.

Also, reading the rules, which clearly state that chat speak isn't allowed (not you, but the other posters on this thread), would also be a good idea.
    I have limited access on a cell phone to this site.
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 08:50 PM
    I have limited access on a cell phone to this site.
    That's you. Judy's post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at sgree175, yet you jumped in, for some reason, to defend the poster that isn't following the rules of this site (read her other posts), or posting correctly. Or do you happen to know that she's also using a cell phone to access this site?

Either way, cell phone or not, chat speak isn't allowed on this site, and really, it's not a hard site to navigate or post on. You seem to be managing okay, so why can't someone that is likely posting from a computer?

Jul 2, 2012, 09:44 PM
    Sharni, about your question:
    I think its important to get to know a person you like before dating him, otherwise you don't know a thing about each other!

Try to be friends, meaning he now trusts you, and flirt with him.. Smile at him a lot (not too much. ), if you have a close enough relationship maybe hug him(:

Make sure you're giving him his space and try to let him know (again, by flirting) that you're not stuck in the friendzone!

Hope I Helped :D Best of Luckk!
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Sharni, about your question:
    I think its important to get to know a person you like before dating him, otherwise you don't know a thing about eachother!

Try to be friends, meaning he now trusts you, and flirt with him..Smile at him a lot (not too much.!), if you have a close enough relationship maybe hug him(:

Make sure you're giving him his space and try to let him know (again, by flirting) that you're not stuck in the friendzone!

Hope I Helped :D Best of Luckk!
    So you're now advising a 14 year old child to flirt, and that it's okay to date?

At 14 she'll need parental consent to date, as will the boy. So advising her to flirt, and get to know him before she dates him, without knowing if her parents will even allow her to date, is very premature.

Jul 2, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Well excuse me but my parents were always very understanding and my sister had a boyfriend at 7th grade, and in 6th grade one day I just told my sister and mom I had a boyfriend because I wasn't going to hide it and my mom was just happy for me

So if you think the best way is to let your kids go out at 17 sorry but you should trust them.

Jul 2, 2012, 10:03 PM
    And one more thing, when people ask questions on this site I am allowed to say my opinion and how I see the solution to be right.
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Well excuse me but my parents were always very understanding and my sister had a boyfriend at 7th grade, and in 6th grade one day I just told my sister and mom I had a boyfriend because I wasn't going to hide it and my mom was just happy for me

So if you think the best way is to let your kids go out at 17 sorry but you should trust them.
    It's not about how understanding your parents are, or how I feel. It's about the law, and the parents of the poster, and the parents of the guy she wants to date. If the parents don't agree that she's ready to date at 14, and she doesn't listen, sneaks off, she could be in a lot of trouble.

What your parents would do doesn't matter, since your parents aren't her parents. What I would do doesn't matter, since I'm not her mother. It's up to her parents, which is why your advice is not valid.

You're making it personal, and not going with the facts. You can't change facts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We have two spirits in our house, a ten year old boy and someone else. The boy is sca [ 6 Answers ]

We have had a ten year old boy sprit in our house for many years. There is another spirit here as well. He is not so nice. He has tormented my son for many years. Apparently, the young boy is scarred of the other spirit. The boy will not speak to me. The boy lives in my sons room, so does the other...

A girl accepted a boy, but loving another boy. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I loved a girl from my11th standard. And she accepted my love when I am doing my college and in my second year. Due to some problem, she did not speak with me for 1.5 year. At that time she thought I am not any more, and accepted another boy. Now she realised my love, and came back....

Blue boy and red boy plates [ 1 Answers ]

I have one red boy and one blue boy plates and I want to know how much they are worth

Cartoon movie with a boy the goes through fables(tortoise and hare,boy cries wolf,etc [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to figure out a cartoon movie(possible 80's) with a boy that goes through an adventure of fables, the boy who cried wolf, the tortoise and the hare, the ant and the grasshopper, etc.. The boy had brown hair and there was a donkey that ventured with him. Some part the wind and the sun try to...

Boy meets girl. Boy falls for her. Girl has boyfriend. Boy is lost. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all. Thanks for being here. I will try to explain my situation briefly. Hope you have the time to read and reply. I'm 23, virgin and never have kissed a girl. Been to worried about my professional life until now. Three months ago I've met a beautiful girl at university (project partner)...

View more questions Search