Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahfoisoninc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Sales of Mining Equipment
    Last month my boss came to me to research a new product he would like to sell, now we never have sold anything like this before so it is completely new to me. And he is leaving it up to me to research everything and come back with some decent answers. The only problem is, I am way to shy to actually call people up and ask them if they use this product or if there is a possibility of them using this product. On top of it, this product is so new, the manufacturer doesn't even really know how to start making it, so I have to research that too, on top of my regular job. But this could be really beneficial so I want to do it. I just don't know how to start.
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Lose the shyness and just start calling. If it's just you being too shy to call, try practicing what you want to say before you call. The initial call will be the hardest, after that you'll have an idea of what to say. Other than that... I got nothing-maybe someone will post a better answer for you soon.
    nfacciolo Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Develop a survey type mailer and express mail it to all potential buyers. A questionnaire that asks what you would if you called. I do however agree that you should forget the shyness and just start calling.
    BigWo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahfoisoninc
    Last month my boss came to me to research a new product he would like to sell, now we never have sold anything like this before so it is completely new to me. And he is leaving it up to me to research everything and come back with some decent answers. The only problem is, i am way to shy to actually call people up and ask them if they use this product or if there is a possibility of them using this product. On top of it, this product is so new, the manufacturer does'nt even really know how to start making it, so i have to research that too, on top of my regular job. But this could be really beneficial so i want to do it. I just don't know how to start.
    I like the idea of practicing before calling, but I would add use of a script that I had worked up in the beginning. You will find yourself becoming more comfortable the more you do it, to the point that you don't refer to your script anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service Equipment [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to upgrade service panel at commercial location to accommodate 5 100-Amp Service Panels (4 Apts. & 1 House Panel) & 1 200-Amp Service Panel. I asked about upgrading the service equipment a couple months ago and TK asked me to check with the utility company to get some answers before...

Data mining [ 3 Answers ]

Si, Would u explain me the "wat is mean by data mining?" and the advantages of it.

Mining company [ 1 Answers ]

How do we analyze a mining company?

Underground mining [ 2 Answers ]

If you work as a underground miner, and duirng your shift you experience stuck in a "cave in" will you still get paid if you come out alive and will you receive overtime Pay for the entire time you are stuck underground?

Home Hi-fi equipment [ 1 Answers ]

" Hi : I am trying to get my home audio system into the high end and have purchased a NAD 752 receiver and PSB 4T speakers for starters.(This combination sounds very good).Is it necessary for me to get high end audio interconect cables and high end speaker wire? Secondly I am currently using a...

View more questions Search