Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zoeynoey Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 07:57 PM
    How to ask mom for a bra and if I'm ready.
    Ok I know there are like abillion of these questions but none of them are exactly my situation so I'll feel better if I just asked myself. So I'm twelve I've been wearing those camis with the built in training bra for the past two years (the first year I didn't need it though) and when I run it hurts a bit and the only reason this thought came into my mind is because I was at target and I saw just a simple bra that looked like I could fit in to it. Now Im no where near being in desperate need of a bra however I think it would be nice but I'm really scared that my sister is going to over hear my conversation and tease me and I'm not telling my dad because we have a nice relationship just not a girl stuff kind of personal relationship anyway how do I ask my mom and should I be wearing a bra.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Being a preteen is hard. Being a teen is too. You're growing up. Believe it or not, your mom wasn't always your mom, she was a girl once too, and she went through this stage as well.

Ask her if you can sit down and talk to her in private. Tell her that you feel it's time for you to get your first bra. I'm sure she'll understand.

This is part of growing up. One day you'll probably have children, and you may even have a daughter, and you'll remember how you're feeling now. Well, your mom understands too. She's been there, done that. We all have. :)

Good luck. Don't be scared, this is just one of many steps to becoming a woman.

Jun 29, 2012, 08:17 PM
    Thank you I've been slowly working up the courage to ask her from all the other questions and answers (and even though this one isn't much different from the others ) it makes me feel better that someone responded on what I should do with my exact situation.
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
    That's what we're here for.

Just always remember that mom was a girl once too. We moms aren't aliens. We went through everything you're going through now. We too had to ask our moms for our first bra once.

Mom will understand. In fact, even dad will understand.

I remember when I got my first period. I told my mom. I begged her not to tell my dad, because to me it was embarrassing. Also, I was a daddy's girl, and didn't want my relationship with my father to change, and I thought it would. Don't know why, just did.

But my mom told my dad, and it really wasn't that big a deal. You see, dads know about this stuff too. They many never have had to shop for a bra, or buy pads or tampons, but they're married to women, and they have daughters that they love. So don't be too scared. I know it's a tough time, I remember. But you'll get through it, and one day you'll look back and laugh that you were so nervous about something that happens to every single female on this earth.

You'll be just fine. :)

Jun 29, 2012, 08:50 PM
    Ok follow up question I asked my mom and she said we could go shopping for bras but now I can't stop crying and I have no I des what I'm crying about do you know what can help me stop?
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeynoey View Post
    Ok follow up question I asked my mom and she said we could go shopping for bras but now I can't stop crying and I have no I des what I'm crying about do you know what can help me stop?
    You're a preteen. Crying is part of it. Hormones, emotions, it's all part of being a girl. My guess is that you're so happy that you talked to mom, and that she agreed to go shopping with you, that you're emotional about it. Another possibility is that a part of you realizes that you're leaving childhood behind, and it's scary.

Talk to mom again. Let her know how you're feeling, that you're both happy, and a bit sad about this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2012, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeynoey View Post
    I have a guess. You built up this situation in your mind and probably expected a big deal from talking to your mother. I expect she made somewhat light of it and said sure when do you want to go shopping? And it was kind of anti-climatic after you had built yourself up.

So your tears are a mixture of relief and embarrassment. As Alty said, you are going through many changes in your life and this is contributing to your emotions. Its normal..
    mynameisninaxo1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Leave a note on her bed if that helps! That's what scott told me when I asked this question! It works really well and you can explain everything without feeling uncomfortable X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I know I need a bra but I don't know how to ask my mom [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, I am an 11 (going on 12) year old girl. I need a bra. All my friends have one, I am to shy to ask my mom if I can get one. I guess I am just waiting for her to take me to get a bra without even asking. How am I supposed to ask her if I can get one? All of my friends have a cupped bra. (Most of...

How to ask my mom for a bra? [ 27 Answers ]

I am eleven and I want a bra my boobs um... Stick out my shirt a bit and I tried on one of my sisters bras and they fit it was padded and the training bra fit well too by the way I hate talking about those things even about getting new underwear HELP!!

How do I tell my mom I need a bra [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am 11, my mom and I aren't exactly close, all my life I have been hideing my feeligns and letting them out whe I'm alone, so my parents don't expect me to ask questions like can we go shopping for bras, which I really have to, what do I do?? :( Bablybluz

How do I ask my mom if I need a bra [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am 11 and I just want to ask my mom if when could I get a bra but she always says no. I need help to show my mom that I need a bra. How dob I tel her?

View more questions Search