Jun 29, 2012, 02:59 PM
    Okay. Post the last two.
    jakesmith Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Help
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 03:19 PM
    Going to my cousin's wedding was an wonderful experience in learning about my culture's celebrations of weddings. In a traditional wedding in India, the bride and groom are the result of an arranged marriage. The wedding last four days, and each day there is a different ceremony. Each ceremony has a different meaning for the marrying couple. A wedding in India is not just about two people, but is between two families. I still remember that day when my cousin had his first meeting with his future wife in the presence of her family members at my house. Once both families agreed to the marriage, they fixed the date for the wedding. There are also numerous rituals and ceremonies performed before and during the wedding. First, there is an engagement with a ring given, then there is a pre-wedding ceremony that involves an oral agreement between the two families. There is the "mehendi" ceremony where the bride and all the bride's friends and relatives gather together to have henna drawn on their hands--patterns of beautiful designs and the groom's name. After they have the "sanget" where guests invited by both the bride's and groom’s families, they gather to play "garba," the traditional folk dance form. The majority of the wedding ceremony will take place in "man-dap" where the bride and groom sit, where the priest says the spiritual vows or "mantras" from the Vedas.

Living in India is nothing compared to where I live in Florida. Living in the United State of America is nothing to compared to India where people don’t have a/c in their houses or have modern houses. There are no traffic lights on the streets unless it’s a big city, so there are traffic jams every day. The household consists of at least six or more people living under one roof because the parents live with the kids and grandkids to make one family united. Animals are all over the streets and around the homes. Some of the animals die of starvation or have some type of disease. Poverty in India is profound and very obvious! I never stopped noticing. Everywhere my sibling, parents, and I went there was someone begging for food or money. I always gave money, and never wanted to think of someone starving to death. It really stood out in my mind, the huge population and poverty level in India. I learned to be grateful for everything God has given me. There were thousands upon thousands of beggars living on the sidewalks and streets, kids with no clothes or food, women with torn clothes, men with long beards and no shirts, just pants on--all trying to find money to feed themselves. I was horrified to see this bad poverty and filthiness. I encountered more garbage and filth there than I could have ever imagined.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Check over the wedding part especially. I may have not understood how you wanted to say that section. I think the rest is okay with a few changes I made.

Jun 29, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Check over the wedding part especially. I may have not understood how you wanted to say that section. I think the rest is okay with a few changes I made.
    Change the whole wedding paragraph

Jun 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Kkkk
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Why did you edit your posts after WG so graciously helped you? And then report the posts?

Were you afraid your teachers would find these posts and know you got help?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 04:03 PM
    He did most of the work, and I edited based on my memories of Indian coworkers' weddings.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He did most of the work, and I edited based on my memories of Indian coworkers' weddings.

I agree, which is why his editing the posts and reporting them is puzzling.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I agree, which is why his editing the posts and reporting them is puzzling.
    Guess what I will do the next time someone needs help editing. Go wild with your imagination.

I got similar treatment the other day when I asked "too many questions" and "didn't do the correcting."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paragraph editor online free? [ 4 Answers ]

Job satisfaction describes how content an individual is with his or her job. The happier people are within their job, the more satisfied they are said to be. Job satisfaction is not the same as motivation or aptitude, although it is clearly linked. Job design aims to enhance job satisfaction and...

Equation Editor [ 1 Answers ]

How can I install equation editor into my word 2007?

Letters to the editor - who should? [ 13 Answers ]

I live in a rural town that only has one news paper. Technically there are two, but the second is still new and not very influential yet. Sometimes I feel that because this paper has a virtual monopoly they don't bother chasing stories. Most of the information in the paper comes to them,...

I need editor/proofreader [ 4 Answers ]

Where can a person find a FREE editor/proofreader online?I'm a college student and I need a person to check my grammar on my school work and other writing projects.

Editor in linux [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Our company shifted from windows to linux recently. And I don't know anything about linux. I am a java developer. I want a free Editor (like ultraedit, notepad++ in windows), so that I can open more no of files (say 160) and which have options like replace in all files, or in a folder...

View more questions Search