Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonwolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Refinance mortgage
    My husband and I claimed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy 2 years ago and have been paying. We will not be paid off for another 3 years. Our current mortg. Is a 20 year and if we could get it to a 30 year our payments would be lower and that would help with our payments. The current lender is not interested in helping us because we were in arrears and those arrears are paid through the court. We have been current the last several months but they don't seem to care. No one will give us a new mort. Because until we pay off the bankruptcy court they can't help us. We can't pay off the court until one more year. Does anyone have any ideas of what we can do?
    Sincerely,
    Vicky
    chexmygold Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Vicky, There are lenders who would consider a refinance for you. I represent several. There are limitaions, though. The new loan would be based on the value of your home and your income. You would also have to have approval of the chapter 13 administrator.
    Ron

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Mtg refinance [ 1 Answers ]

This loan sounds too good to be true since I have a FICO of 604 according to the mtg broker. But, have home which I own 56,000 on and it is estimated to be worth 180,000. So maybe that is it. Mtg is with WAMU and I have asked to refinance at 85,000 to fix up home. Closing costs 2200.00 0...

Refinance [ 2 Answers ]

Our 1rst mortgage is a 5 yr ARM which will expire in about a year and a half. Our house has increased in value approx. 150 - 200 thousand $s. We bought it for 280 and owe about 195. We owe about 39 on our home equity loan. We want to pay this off, and we are in need of approx 75 thousand more....

How soon can you refinance after escrow? [ 5 Answers ]

To get a lower interest rate do you have to wait a certain period to refinance a home after escrow close? Or can you refinance right away? I live in California. Thanks

Should I Refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Work's been tough the past year and I got behind on my mortgage as well as evey other bill. I HAVE ABOUT $35,000 WORTH OF EQUITY in my home. I was wanting to cash out $25,000.00 to catch up and finish a few projects around the house. Here's my problem. I've shopped around and since I've been...

View more questions Search