Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EDMD73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Can I get a demotion for being sick
    After being sick for 2 days and going back to work with dr. Notes ,I was demoted from my position with out any warning verbal or written and was told that I had 9 sick days this year and the policy is 3 so I am getting demoted can they do that?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EDMD73 View Post
    After being sick for 2 days and going back to work with dr. Notes ,i was demoted from my position with out any warning verbal or written and was told that i had 9 sick days this year and the policy is 3 so i am getting demoted can they do that?
    I assume you don't have a labor contract.

I also assume you are in the USA.

Were they notified BEFORE your start time each day by you?

I think there is more to this than you have mentioned... maybe because you didn't think it was important.

They can do a lot of things... including deciding they don't need you at all... but they rarely do that out of the blue without a reason.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Yes they can do it, normally you will see it coming from talks about your absence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi everyone, I've been feeling sick the past few mornings not acc getting sick but jus [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been feeling sick the past few mornings not acc getting sick but just empty reaches I have no pains in stomach just the going to be sick feeling, my breasts are sore at the sides and front and are sore to touch could I be pregnant please help? Oh and did have unprotected sex a few...

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

Sick of this! [ 2 Answers ]

I am 7 weeks 1 day pregnant, last Monday I lost a blood clot and started bleeding as if I were having a period. I went to the E.R. they said that my cervix was closed, I heard and saw the heartbeat which was in the lower part of the normal range but still it was there, they also said that some of...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

View more questions Search