Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbc11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
    PTO Switch Problem
    Turning on PTO switch on my troybilt gtx 18 model 13060 blows the 30 amp fuse and shuts down the tractor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am assuming it is the PTO switch since everything runs perfectly until the switch is engaged.
    OBrienP23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 05:46 AM
    One of the most common causes for this is actually a five minute fix. In a lot of cases you have mowed over something and it is wrapped tightly around the blades. I have had it happen with both a piece of a plastic garbage bag as well as a hidden piece of rope that was in the grass. It puts so much added resistance on your deck that when you try and engage the PTO is overloads and blows the circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Test Scott S1642 PTO Switch [ 5 Answers ]

How do I test the safety switches on my Scott S1642 lawn tractor? My wife said she slammed the blade engagement handle forward and got the blades moving one time but latter on she tried it again but the blades would not engage. She knows not to be so rough with tools but the mower just got under...

Cub cadet pto problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Cub Cadet LT1080 after mowing for a couple hours the PTO won't come on + the battery goes down and the mower won't start, when I recharge the battery the mower starts and the pto works fine. How can I repair? Thanks, Ray

PTO switch stuck in engaged position [ 0 Answers ]

The mower starts and runs but cannot move PTO switch from engaged position. How can I fix this? 917.255913 Craftsman

Craftsman lawnmower pto clutch switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman DYT 4000 rider. When the electric clutch switch is pulled the engine dies. I disconnected the wiring at the clutch and started the mower which ran fine even when I pulled the switch. I thought I would use my volt meter to check voltage but when I connected the two leads to...

View more questions Search