Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Jun 29, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Indoor Air Quality Test
    Four years ago I gutted the second floor of my Cape Cod style home. After doing a lot of research on insulation and the difficulties insulating a Cape, I decided on Icynene open cell spray foam. The foam was sprayed right to the roof decking and the gable walls. The roof is no longer vented and the space behind the kneewalls is now conditioned space.

During hot days there is a smell that creeps into the upstairs hallway and the upstairs bedrooms. While I'm trying to address the odor, I want to test the air quality to make sure my 18-month-old daughter is safe. While I'm at it, I might as well test the air quality in my basement before I start finishing that room, too.

I'm not sure if I should go with a test kit or call a professional. Here are two links to test kits I'm considering:

Home Air Check

Air Lab Online

So what do you think? I think I need to check for mold, VOCs, and formaldehyde. Should I try a kit or call a pro?

Thanks,
    Logan

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the borg-warner air conditioner indoor coils at [ 1 Answers ]

I was told my inside coils need to be cleaned but I don't know where they are located. Does anyone know where the inside coils are in a borg-warner air conditioner P3UGQ12N08001A? I am having a hard time finding any information on this type of air conditioner.

Outside A/C unit and indoor fan run properly but no air comes through the vents [ 3 Answers ]

My outside A/C unit runs fine and the fan inside the house runs fine as well, but there is absolutely no air coming through the vents. I changed the filter but this is about the extent of my A/C knowledge. Can anyone tell me what the problem may be and how to fix it? Thanks!

Indoor air circulation [ 1 Answers ]

My wife shuts off bedroom doors to keep the pets out. My question is will this keep heating and air from not circulating through out the house correctly? It seems our great room stays cold and the bedrooms are warm. Thanks.

Indoor unit air handler [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, help ,I installed a 3 ton unit heat pump and air handler (goodman 13 seer),When I tried to install the new thermostat I think I touched the wires and burnt the transformer, when I replaced the transformer and turn the unit on it keeps blowing the fuse from the circuit board on the air...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search