Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whiteone1973 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2004, 06:57 AM
    Swaping a 92 civic engine for a 96??
    Will this work? What has to be done? My wirring harness look to fit except for the distributor but can't I just use the distributor from my 92? Please help!
    mikefrancis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2004, 11:22 AM
    Right away the first problem that pops into my head is the OBD. A 92 should have OBDI and the 96 should have OBDII. What is the engine coming out and what is the engine going in? D16, H22?
    whiteone1973 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2005, 01:55 AM
    Thanks for writing but it's up and running

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Civic LX engine problem. [ 2 Answers ]

Someon please answer this question. I just got to work and my "check engine", "battery" and "coolent" lights came on and my car just stopped and wouldn't go any further. What is going on?? I just had an oil change 3 days ago and filled my car with gas 20 min. before this happened. HELP! I'm stuck...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

95 Honda civic engine noise [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody My 95 Honda Civic engine used to some noise when started during the winter which goes like " kat kat kat ...". When the engine warmed up this would go away. But now I get the sound even on a warm day and even after I have driven miles. What could be the problem and how can I solve it...

Honda civic engine will not turn [ 5 Answers ]

My '88 Honda civic was running when I pulled the 15 amp ecu fuse. This immediately stopped the engine. I believe I returned the fuse with the ignition key still turned. I have since been unable to start the engine-all I get is a click from the fuse box area just under the driver side dash. I have...

92 Honda Civic - engine overheats [ 2 Answers ]

3 weeks ago I changed the radiator and everything seems to be fine, 1 week ago I had to change the distributor. The problem comes right after the distributor was changed. After 5 minutes of running the engine feels warmer ( lets say it is like is overheating), and it looses power. On the express...

View more questions Search