Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanathancarter0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
    What happens when u have a doctors excuse for the day off and your boss ask for u to
    What happens when you have a doctors excuse for the day off, for the rest of the day. If I had to be there at 8pm and called at 5:00pm to notify my manager I was going to the Emergency Room. He asked me to still come in because he couldn't work any more he was tired, I agreed to help him out and come in, and I would have the next day off. I held my end of the agreement up and came in and received my day off the next day. A week later he says I have to make up that day because I'm paid on a salary and it has to be covered or it will be deducted out of my paycheck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 07:28 PM
    So you are on salary, the boss does not even have to tell you why, they can just ask you to come in and work. Salary people are not set on 40 hours, most salary work 60 more a week.
    So if they tell you to come in, you come in

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employee gave employer a doctors excuse for missing work and employer wants to know t [ 1 Answers ]

Employee returned to work with doctors excuseand employer wants reason for missing work. Does this come under any hipaa laws for privacy.

Why do female doctors earn signficantly less than male doctors? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the reasons for this difference? What evidence would support that part of the difference is due to bias/discrimination?

Can I be fired from my job, in Ohio, with a doctors excuse? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a very severe case of Carpal Tunnel in both my hands. I cannot lift nothing, the pain is very bad. I have my family doctor and a neurologist excuse. I work for Timken, in Ohio. Can I be fired?

View more questions Search