Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gypsydayne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 12:10 PM
    Status changed from Sub to Employee: Taxes
    A company I worked for paid wages to a person for phone solicitation. The person was 1099'd at the end of the year. The person then went & made a claim for unemployment benefits. The IL Dept of Unemployment determined that the person was in fact an employee, not a sub, and that he is owed unemployment.

My question is this: We are going to owe 5.2% on his unemployment, no big deal. The concern we have is that since IDES has made him legally an employee, does that mean we have to go back & redo all of our federal and state items also? We would then have to issue him a W2 for last year's taxes & void the 1099? We will both then owe federal & state taxes?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Yes, if he was not a 1099 employee you owe all of the taxes on him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed relationship status [ 6 Answers ]

So I'm recently single and I recently started talking to a new guy. He was a friend a friend first and we were talking about my recent break up and I said I wanted to go on a date with someone just to get back out there.. he then was like I'll take you on a date. It started very friendly, we...

Can my visa status be changed from F1 to H1 because of. [ 1 Answers ]

Can my visa status be changed from F1 to H1 because of... Currently I am on F1/OPT and it will expire on march. My son is born and he is now USA citizen. Can I change my current F1/OPT to H1 or some other category. I have done masters in information technology and currently I am not emplyeed...

Changed Status From B1 To L1 [ 1 Answers ]

Am I entitled to a Social Security Number? If so what should I do? Can I get a driver's license?

Taxes for changed status from OPT to H1-B during tax year 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

Filing taxes for someone who changed status from OPT to H1-B during tax year 2006

What Status should I file tax since my status changed from F1 to H1 from Oct 23 2006! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following questions about filing for taxes for the yr 2006. 1. Since my visa status changed from F1 to H1 on oct 23rd 2006, what status should I file the taxes as & which form should I use? Till now I have used 1040nr ez! FYI : I am frm India, I have not left US from...

View more questions Search