Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtesfay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Can F1 visa be transferred to H1B visa with out joining OPT program?
    Hi,

Currently I am MSC student on F1 visa currently authorized to work .I have been working as a software engineer,network engineer and web developer for the last six years . I am confused about the conversion of F1 to H1B Visa status. Can I Change my F1 visa to H1B visa with out joining the OPT program while I was in College.

Hope you would give me a better answer.
    dtesfay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Hi

Currently I am working full time(40hr/week) using the CPT work authorization.I worked for 11 months using my CPT.Can the CPT work authorization be extended?I am still attending graduating class full time.

Daniel
    kalyanr Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 03:29 PM

No. You cannot extend you CPT .
    And if you use CPT for more than 12 months... You may not be approved for OPT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B Visa [ 1 Answers ]

After getting MS degree , how do I proceed to get H1 Visa ?

F-1 visa (OPT) to H-1b visa: how to file tax [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My status in US has been changed from F-1 visa(OPT) to H-1b visa during 2006. I received approval for my H1b visa in October. And I worked for the same company throughout 2006. I filed 2005 tax with 1040NR. But I don't know which form I should use for 2006. Someone please help me!

Opt Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am a canadian that is on a F-1 OPT visa working at 2 places. I am an optometrist who is being paid as an independent contractor therefore my employer is not taking out taxes. What kinds of deductions can I make when I file my taxes. I know we are exempt from medicaid and SS but how do we deduct...

J-1 visa exempt of SS and Medicare taxes (Work and Travel program) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was present in us for 150 days in 2005 on a J-1visa. I participate in Work and Travel program. Surprisingly for me, my employer deducts SS and Medicare taxes from my salary. I talked to him about that and he said that IRS would fix the mistake in the end of the year. I filled...

View more questions Search