Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennyhampton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Joint tenancy with survivorship vs will
    If my mother and stepfather each leave to the other in their will all of their property, etc
    And they have a joint tenancy with survivorship warranty deed...

Where does that leave us kids...

He has kids and she has kids...

When one dies does his/her half automatically jump to the kids for their half?

Which document dictates?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyhampton
    which document dictates?
    Hello penny:

Maybe you mis-typed, but from what you wrote, BOTH documents give the remaining spouse ALL the property. The kids are going to have to wait till the other one dies.

excon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 09:07 AM
    The deed superccedes the will. Your step-fathers decentents are in a strong position. If he dies with a will leaving his property to his children, you are out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint custody [ 4 Answers ]

My brother who is seeking joint custody of his 8 mo old son and has never been married to the mother of his child, but the mother of his child has other children with different fathers had her children taken by CPS prior to her having my brothers son. My brother is wanting joint custody, however...

Terminate tenancy with no written lease [ 4 Answers ]

As first-time landlords, we rented our small condo on a month-to-month basis to our nephew and his girlfriend without a written lease. The girlfriend moved out and the nephew moved in a buddy to help pay the rent. Then the nephew moved out and now we want to serve the remaining party with a 30-day...

Month to Month Tenancy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tenant that is in a house that has an agreement for month to month tenancy. I gave him 60 days notice to vacate at the end of the year which is December 31, 2006. The tenant claims the agreement is month to month but he has the right to stay until he is ready to gice us six months...

Joint custody [ 6 Answers ]

If parents are in high conflict and haven't spoken to each other since the mother was 4 or 5 months pregnant and the child is now 6 weeks old, will that keep the father from getting joint custody? The father refuses to talk with her and has a restraining order on her because she is verbally...

Lead joint [ 5 Answers ]

I need help on the steps to pouring a lead joint

View more questions Search