Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbie87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 06:45 AM
    My step kids hate me
    My husband and I have been married 7 months he has two kids 14 and 10. I have only been introduced to his children and never spent any time with them. I recently left my job to manage my husbands company and I noticed that the children are always around, but stay clear of me. I want to get to know them but my husband says they said to don't want to come around me. He goes to pick them up and drop them off at the mother's house, spends time with them but I am always left out, I am now uncomfortable with him even ging by their mother's house and suggested that I go with him when he goes to pick up and drop off the kids but he says he does not want to bring me by the lady's house. What do I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 09:38 AM
    So you are staying clear of them also at the work place ? Sorry, if they are there, you can go to where they are also?

But why do you feel he is cheating on you with his ex, that could be the only reason you want to go pick up the kids, and how long is he taking doing it, does he stay for hours at her house ?
    abbie87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So you are staying clear of them also at the work place ? sorry, if they are there, you can go to where they are also ??

But why do you feel he is cheating on you with his ex, that could be the only reason you want to go pick up the kids, and how long is he taking doing it, does he stay for hours at her house ?
    I have gone to where they are but they leave, and I want to go with him to pick up the kids because I think that would be a good way to get them use to me. And he does take a while to come back when he goes to drop them off.
    Mobley119 Posts: 142, Reputation: 6

Jul 4, 2012, 11:28 PM
    I doubt he's cheating on you with his ex wife. However you need to make it clear to your husband that you want a relationship with his children. I think it's odd you were only introduced before you were married. It sounds to me like his ex wife is insecure and doesn't want them around you. This is a serious problem. You need to talk to your husband and let him know they are apart of his life, so now they are apart of yours. Perhaps you could all go to family counseling? When my dad remarried he and my mom went to counseling wit my half sister and because of it they have a great relationship. Also I really think you need to have a conversation with the ex wife. Also maybe you could come up to the kids when they're at your work and talk to them? Maybe take them to lunch or to get some ice cream if your husbands okay with it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate my step mom! [ 16 Answers ]

Ok so my dad just got remarried for the 3rd time in May. My step mom was cool for a while but as soon as they got married, she went on a power trip! I am 16 and she is 30, 14 years older than me and she thinks she has 100% control over me. I don't even live with my dad and the only time she steps...

View more questions Search