Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisb1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 03:17 AM
    Should I ask her out?
    I met this girl at a party about 2 months ago. She is pretty and I think she likes me a lot because she has been talking to my friends about me all the time, and whenever I talk to her she plays with her hair, touches her ear lobes and plays with her clothing e.t.c. does this mean she likes me?

Anyway I am asking this question because about 3 months ago my first love broke my heart. She went into our relationship with residual feelings for her ex and it turned out that even though she loved me, she still was in love with her ex; she is now back with him. I have been able to heal really well during this time and I can go for days without thinking about my ex, but I know that deep down there are still feelings for her. I don't know why because she is very messed up and immature. But essentially I don't want to hurt this new girl like my ex hurt me because I know that being in a relationship with someone and still having feelings for someone else is technically cheating. Maybe I will never truly get over my ex but I should just move on with my life? Should I move on to this new girl or not?

Also If I should ask her out, any advice for a first date and getting to know her?
    I am quite inexperienced with dating because my ex was a good friend before we got together.

Any advice is appreciated :)
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Jun 28, 2012, 03:46 AM
    ChrisB1234,

Such signs show interest, and obviously interest can be translated into love, for which you need to work on her, on yourself. Interest is the first ladder and it is the most important one, which helps in sustaining love. About moving on, sure you should move on.

What are your ages? If both of you are not adults, this is not for you. But if you are, it is -

Ask her out. Go and talk. Hug her. Gift her something, it can be anything. Just remember, the girls do not go for the quality of the gift, but they value gift, what ever it is - a book, a ring (need not be of gold) or a simple kiss, accompanied by a pair of jeans for her, or ear-ring, or nose-pin etc. Or, hairclip, but of high quality.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2012, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahani Punjab View Post
    Ask her out. Go and talk. Hug her. Gift her something, it can be anything. Just remember, the girls do not go for the quality of the gift, but they value gift, what ever it is - a book, a ring (need not be of gold) or a simple kiss, accompanied by a pair of jeans for her, or ear-ring, or nose-pin etc. Or, hairclip, but of high quality.

Clothing and high quality (translation: expensive) gifts are extremely inappropriate at this stage of the relationship.
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2012, 11:54 PM
    But clothing does impact I think because the outer look of a person makes his/her persona. I shall like to agree with Kahani Punjab. What about others?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatla View Post
    But clothing does impact I think because the outer look of a person makes his/her persona. I shall like to agree with Kahani Punjab. What about others?

I know, you always follow Kahani Punjab - no surprise there. I'm further surprised that in another post you don't know if "Kahani Punjab" is a he or she, despite immediately following her posts, and you are both offering "greenies" if you like the advice.

You both appear to be hung up on public ratings - witness your handing out of "reddies" when someone disagrees with her.

I am telling you that it is improper to give an expensive gift OR clothing to anyone at the beginning of a relationship. It is also creepy.

Maybe in India - not in the US.

I have made the suggestion before and so I'll make it again - why don't YOU write something, a blog perhaps, about etiquette in India. That might help explain the cultural differences. I am still confused about a woman wearing clothing that exposes her armpits in order to attract a man.

This whole "clothing thing" is another example.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
    First of all, you will get over you ex eventually, keep up the no contact and continue letting time do the rest. If you feel like you are ready for a relationship then go through with this. However, if you are not sure, how about dating her for a while first before jumping into another relationship just 3 months after your break up? Another thing is her actions, her talking about you is definitely a good sign (depending on what she is saying of course). Playing with her, earlobe play, and playing with clothing CAN be signs of attraction, but there are different types of attraction. Some is momentarily, it may just be during that time, some are more longer lasting, so I wouldn't assume that she is "falling" for you just yet. Continue to get to know her, take her out to a couple places, be a gentleman, and see where things go, takes things slow so that you don't jump the gun on anything you are going to regret later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search