I have not smoked in 6 mo.'s or better,
    I took two hits 6-7 weeks ago.
    I have to take a hair test w/ LOD.
    Worried, will THC show?
    Please Advise,
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 03:36 PM
    LOD on an order form means the lowest setting possible on the instrument used.

That is probably not important as a couple of hits are unlikely to have incorporated into the hair matrix anyway.

Prior to the last two hits had you smoked more than once a week? Who ordered an LOD by the way. Most testing agencies don't have that knowledge.
    OpenRange Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    LOD on an order form means the lowest setting possible on the instrument used.

That is probably not important as a couple of hits are unlikely to have incorporated into the hair matrix anyway.

Prior to the last two hits had you smoked more than once a week? Who ordered an LOD by the way. Most testing agencies don't have that knowledge.
    Thank You very much for quick response, I have been worrying myself to death as to not being farmilliar w/ hair testing and having to test tomorrow.
    Prior to the 2 hits only, not 3 or 4 I have been clean- clean. It has been 2+ years since I smoked Daily or weekly.
    LOD testing is what the refinery is requiring for pre employment.

FYI- I did pass a urine test 3-4 weeks ago.
    Thank You- Please Advise.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenRange View Post
    Thank You very much for quick response, I have been worrying myself to death as to not being farmilliar w/ hair testing and having to test tomorrow.
    Prior to the 2 hits only, not 3 or 4 I have been clean- clean. It has been 2+ years since I smoked Daily or weekly.
    LOD testing is what the refinery is requiring for pre employment.

FYI- I did pass a urine test 3-4 weeks ago.
    Thank You- Please Advise.
    Urine tests are more likely to pick up THC metabolites than hair testing (but the lab doesn't make as much money).

You fall under single-use category due to the long time span between heavier use. There should be no COOH in your hair so they can use any cutoff they please to no avail.

You haven't spent a considerable amount of time around smokers have you?

Jun 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
    Urine tests are more likely to pick up THC metabolites than hair testing (but the lab doesn't make as much money).

You fall under single-use category due to the long time span between heavier use. There should be no COOH in your hair so they can use any cutoff they please to no avail.

You haven't spent a considerable amount of time around smokers have you?
    Negative, it has been 6 mo.'s or so since I have been around anyone smoking.
    Now I know why I try so hard to stay away from it. I'm no different then any one else, but the worrying will bring you back to reality real quick.
    I've got to return a call this evening I have been avoiding this afternoon, I really was going to differ on the job wich raises questions, but it is a whole lot better than failing.
    Hair w/ LOD test really had me worried!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
    LOD is unusual but hair testing uses equipment that tests in the very low range of picograms (trillionth of gram) on confirmation anyway. So you can see why it's important not to be around smokers because contamination influences the test and may very well be a source of incorporation into the hair via sweat and sebaceous glands.

Please let us know how you turn out. Often the words of practical experience more influential than technical information.

Jun 27, 2012, 04:32 PM
    LOD is unusual but hair testing uses equipment that tests in the very low range of picograms (trillionth of gram) on confirmation anyway. So you can see why it's important not to be around smokers because contamination influences the test and may very well be a source of incorporation into the hair via sweat and sebaceous glands.

Please let us know how you turn out. Often the words of practical experience are far more effective than technical information.
    Do you think I am, OK even w/ the testing at a very low range (LOD)?
    Please Advise,

Thank You
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
    I think you should be fine. The basis of my judgment doesn't relate to the LOD. If it's not there it can't be detected.

I would love to see the results. Not only is LOD unusual but that request requires GC/MS/MS use. Very sophisticated equipment and an expensive assay. Usually only used if tested positive on a preliminary screen which is set at 50ng. I'm just wondering if they use the GC/MS or if that is a potentiality.

Jun 27, 2012, 04:49 PM
    I think you should be fine. The basis of my judgment doesn't relate to the LOD. If it's not there it can't be detected.

I would love to see the results. Not only is LOD unusual but that request requires GC/MS/MS use. Very sophisticated equipment and an expensive assay. Usually only used if tested positive on a screen which is set at 50ng. I'm just wondering if they use the GC/MS or if that is a potentiality.
    I don't know if I will ever get my hands on that paperwork, if so I'll pick this conversation back up and make arrangements to get it to you.

Last Question:
    I purchased a box of Zydot- Ultra Clean yesterday while I have been stressing, should I use it?
    Can it hurt anything?

Again Thanks,
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 04:54 PM
    I don't know if I will ever get my hands on that paperwork, if so I'll pick this conversation back up and make arrangements to get it to you.

Last Question:
    I purchased a box of Zydot- Ultra Clean yesterday while I have been stressing, should I go ahead and use it?
    Can it hurt anything?

Again Thanks,
    Now you've got me. Not familiar with Zydot or any of the detox products. Can't imagine that it would help or hurt with a hair test. If any other test like urine or blood is being performed I would recommend against the products for fear they would be picked up as adulterant. That's an uninformed opinion as I don't know the ingredients. Regardless, can't see that happening with hair test.

Jun 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Now you've got me. Not familiar with Zydot or any of the detox products. Can't imagine that it would help or hurt with a hair test. If any other test like urine or blood is being performed I would recommend against the products for fear they would be picked up as adulterant. Can't see that happening with hair.
    It is a shampoo and purifying treatment? Right or wrong, I was scrambling for anything.
    If you think I don't need it, then I won't bother. I don't know if it would show as an adulterant on hair testing.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 05:09 PM
    It is a shampoo and purifying treatment? Right or wrong, I was scrambling for anything.
    If you think I don't need it, then I won't bother. I don't know if it would show as an adulterant on hair testing.
    That shows how much I know about the commercial detox products. I though it was something you drink. Since it is a shampoo it probably works on the cuticle to make the hair more permeable. Only way it could work.

That means some of the ingredients could infuse into the hair. Don't think I would chance that, especially since there's no apparent need. Once again for fear of detecting adulterant.

Jun 27, 2012, 05:13 PM
    That shows how much I know about the commercial detox products. Since it is a shampoo it probably works on the cuticle to make the hair more permeable. Only way it could work.

That means some of the ingredients could infuse into the hair. Don't think I would chance that, especially since there's no apparent need. Once again for fear of detecting adulterant.
    Thank You very much for your time...

Jul 8, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Dr. Bill
    I passed,
    Thank You,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Folicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... a little over 30 days ago, I tried meth. It might have been equivalent to a few lines. I'm not an habitual user, don't use it, just tried it, and haven't used it since. I now am going for a hair folice test for a job application and HR told me they are testing for drug use within the...

Hair Folicle Test [ 5 Answers ]

Both my husband and I have used meth over the last 2 years. Our employer is requesting volumtary testing of all employees. It will be either a urine or hair follicle test and managed randomly. My question is since I have long hair and he gets his cut often, isn't he less likely to produce a...

Hair Folicle Test [ 12 Answers ]

I was told that taking steam baths or saunas will open your pores and help detoxify your body, because you sweat out all the toxins. Is this true?

Hair folicle test [ 3 Answers ]

Do soma's show up on a hair folicle test?

Hair folicle test [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé snorted cocaine 1x Dec. 9th 2007 and took a few pills. He has to have a hair folicle test done with his body hair by Jan 26th 2008 will it show in the test?

View more questions Search