Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Season2Season Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 06:55 AM
    *Jewish beliefs--what's your opinion?
    HELLO,
    I am doing a final paper on Judaism and would love someone's input on the questions listed below. There are many questions, if you are interested you can answer one or many and post them. I appreciate your help. I have interviewed others, but would like additional outside opinions. The paper is due on Sunday March 3rd, so the sooner the better.

Thanks and be blessed!

1. What are the main Holiday’s celebrated within your faith, how are they celebrated?
    2. What do these Holiday’s represent/significance in your faith and life?
    3. How has your faith been instrumental in your life? How has it impacted your life? In what ways?
    4. Are the customs and history of your religion practiced the same today as from years ago? If so, in what way? If not, in what way? Why do you believe they have changed? Or why have they remained the same?
    5. How do you believe your faith is different from other beliefs? What significant difference is there?
    6. Have you had the opportunity to visit Jerusalem and if so, what impact did this have in understanding your beliefs? If you have not, do you wish too and why?
    7. What do you know about the origin of your religious beliefs? (Language, country, any history?) Explain.
    8. What is your fondest memory surrounding your faith? (church, worship, experience) And why was this so instrumental or imp actual?
    9. What is the role of the Rabbi in your synagogue? How does one become a Rabbi?
    10. How did you come to be of the Jewish faith, your family, your heritage, personal choice? What was the deciding factor in that choice/decision? Have you explored other faiths?
    11. How do you feel about the “ties” that are discussed with regard to the Jewish and Christian beliefs?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 1, 2007, 07:08 AM
    1. Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Passover. Yom Kippur is a day of fasting and Passover is celebrated with a family ritual dinner.
    2. They represent the start of a new year and a Day of Atonement for your sins
    3. Its impacted the way I view myself as a moral and ethical person.
    4. Obviously some things have changed and others haven't. For example, the Passover Sedar is conducted pretty much as it has been for centuries. But to fully answer this would require much too much time
    5. Judiasm is more a state of being then a religious practice. One is a jew no matter how they practice their faith or not. Since the other two major religions are built upon Judiasm, the differences occur when the others split off.
    6. No and Yes. Because of the historical significance
    7. Take too long
    8. Passover Sedars.
    9. A Rabbi is a teacher. The role is as a spirtual leader. Most Rabbis are ordained from a yeshiva.
    10. One is born as a Jew, Jews do not encourage converts, but will accept them.

Let me say that a lot of your questions go way to in depth for the type of study you seem to be doing. Good luck
    Season2Season Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Scott,

Thank you for your help. It was informative and I appreciate the time you have taken here. I wish you the very best!

Be Blessed,
    Season2Season

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jewish Tradition: [ 2 Answers ]

Christian tradition views sin as an enslavement rather than something fun we are denied. Does the Jewish tradition view the Law as a gift from God as opposed to an option or curse? HANK :confused:

Am I Jewish? [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that Jewish descent is matrilineal, but how far back does that go -- all the way back to Moses, or just a generation or two? In researching my geneaology, I just discovered that my great-great-great grandmother (on my mother's side, straight matrilineal descent to me) was Jewish....

Am I Jewish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Emily, My question is "Am I Jewish "? I have been told that unless my family members that were Jewish,were from my mother's side of our family I couldn't claim my Jewish Roots is this true? I'm very confused, why should it make any difference or does it? :confused:

Almost the same beliefs [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been reading the conversation Orange was having (sorry,Iforgot with who) I'm really enlightened to find out that Jews believe in an afterlife; this shaol u speak of where they wait for a messiah when they die. The Jews I've known pretty closely always gave the impression that they were "really"...

View more questions Search