Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dougpearce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
    Plumbing knocking sound when we flush the toilet
    How can I fix a knocking sound in the plumbing when I flush the toilet
    Poppy76 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 02:02 AM
    You most likely need to change the cistern inlet valve. However it could also be the stop cock washer situated under the cistern. Failing the above must be loose pipe in wall. Can be other problems but these are the most common.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knocking sounds after turn off faucet or flush toilet [ 5 Answers ]

My house is ~8 years old (built in 2002) and recently I noticed a strange problem. In the master bedroom, and only in the master bedroom, if immediately after I turn off the faucet rapidly, or immediately after the water tank for toilet fills up, I can hear several knocking sounds from one of the...

Toilet flush cause howling sound after flush [ 2 Answers ]

AFter flushing the toilet, there is a howling sound. If I turn the water on when it starts the noise stops. This is only occurring in one of the 3 bathrooms.

We have a gurgaling sound in the tub drain when we flush the toilet,and a strong odor [ 3 Answers ]

We have a gurgaling sound coming from the bath tub drain when we flush the toilet,and there is a strong sewer smell coming from the tub drain also. Could it be that the trap is clogged? I put drain-o down the drain but nothing happened. Thank you ...

Toilet makes loud vibrating sound after flush [ 2 Answers ]

After flushing my bathroom toilet, it produces a loud vibrating sound when the tank is almost filled. I googled the key words and found one of your pages about the problem. The question was made by HBLISS on Aug.25, 2008. On the page there are two images, and my toilet basically matches the...

Knocking sound in water line after flusing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

What is the possible problem when you hear a knocking sound in the plumbing after flusing the toilet?

View more questions Search