Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    premdavid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Home based business ideas
    I want to know some of the home based business. Where I can spent my spare time regularly and earn money .:confused:
    christinepeed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
    In home daycare
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Hello pre:

Most people who go into business do so because their passion just turned into a business. Look around in your life. What are you passionate about. Video games? Lawn care? Baseball cards? Old cars? Girls?

You can make money with all those things. Find out what turns you on. I'll tell you how to create a home business around it.

excon
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Great excon. What is he going to do with girls as a hobby. Start a home based prostitution ring? You were on such a good roll here. Then splat! ;)
    jaynen76 Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

Mar 25, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by premdavid
    i want to know some of the home based business. Where i can spent my spare time regularly and earn money .:confused:
    I would say, start looking in the direction of something that you actually have a genuine interest, then look at the profitability of that business, and that should be a good place to start. You may find that the things you have a solid interest in aren't that profitable.
    chrisisruff Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello pre:

Most people who go into business do so because their passion just turned into a business. Look around in your life. What are you passionate about. Video games? Lawn care? Baseball cards? Old cars? Girls?

You can make money with all those things. Find out what turns you on. I'll tell you how to create a home business around it.

excon

Please explain more Girls?? video games?? Teach me...
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Chris, how do you think excon became excon? You are far better off not being taught "The Way" unless, of course, you don't mind being known as "futureexcon". ;)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2007, 11:26 PM
    Your magic words to me were "spare time." Which indicates to me that you already have a job. It would be nice to know what your skills are.

Please remember that you need to have liability insurance if you are going to be working on anyone else's things that they own.

Depending on your skills, here are possibilities for a home based business, which basically means that you work primarily in your home, but can go other places. You are self-employed. Computers, writing, teaching any kind of musical instrument, any type of handyman skills - fixing things, painting, carpentry, plumbing, yard work etc. making doll houses or other types of functional or ornamental crafts and sell them at fairs or by advertising them on the Internet, become a locksmith, find old jewelry at garage sales and buy them for pennies and sell them on Ebay making hundreds of more cents than what you paid for them, make custom made business cards for people, advertise as a typing service - lot's of people don't know how to type, teach old people how to use a computer, prepare taxes, be a personal shopper for those that have difficulty in getting out of their home, lawn mower and/or small engine repair, chair caning, furniture refinishing, etc. These have been just some ideas for you.

I know a guy who made his entire living for a while finding and selling old jewelry and then selling it on Ebay.

Of course you will need to advertise if you are going to earn money. Hang your small "shingle" out wherever you see a public bulletin board where business advertising can be placed. Grocery stores, quick mart type places, bowling alleys, etc.

Advertise in the Yellow Pages of the phone book.

Advertising on the Internet does not have to cost a cent. I have been doing it for over two years. I have hundreds of ads on the Internet. They are all free. I get more calls because of my Internet ads than any other way that I advertise.

Always carry business cards with you no matter where you are going. You can always bring your business up in casual conversation.

In a Google search, try typing in Quad Cities Piano Tuner, Piano Tuning Quad Cities, Piano Lessons Quad Cities, Handyman Quad Cities, Quad Cities Wedding Musician, Clough Quad Cities, and see what happens. Almost everything that you see on the first three or four pages will be my ads. And, these are not the only things that I advertise for in the Quad Cities. I live in Rock Island, IL which is part of Iowa - Illinois Quad Cities. If you look at any of my ads you will know how to word yours. Keywords are essential to bring people to your ads.

In this paragraph, I am going to type in something that will lead people to what I am typing on this site right now who are located in the Iowa - Illinois Quad Cities region. This site gets excellent coverage in Google, but it is not to be used by the members for advertising. Let's see, how about Home Based Businesses Quad Cities, or Quad Cities Home Based Businesses. People might want to search for something like that. It should be only a matter a 2 - 3 days before it starts appearing in the first couple of pages in a Google search. Might even be first.

What this will do, in addition to answering your original question, is help others to know more about what to do for a home based business and how to advertise for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business [ 8 Answers ]

I am interested in doing one of them PT and wanted to know if there are any legitimate ones if you know out there.

Home Based Business Article [ 3 Answers ]

www.dynamic-xchange.com/home-based-business.php

View more questions Search