Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leanne99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 04:58 AM
    From fixed loan to Owner occupied variable loan
    Fixed loan 5 years @ 6.74% p.a. for $150,000 = $981.00 p.m.
    After this term the loan converted to owner - occupied
    variable loan at various rates. It was not until the rate was back to 6.74% @ repayment of $1,013.00 p.m. I rang to ask why the payments are higher now then when the loan was taken out. I was told they wrote a new loan over a lesser period. Can they do this without my knowledge & approval, because when I signed up for the loan consideration was given to what I would be able to afford in the future.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 05:43 AM
    You had to have signed the new loan papers, did you not read the new loan paper work ?
    Leanne99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 11:27 PM
    I received interest rate fixing request to sign & return which I did not do, so my loan defaulted to variable rate. I believe a contract was not sent to me. Should I ring and ask for a copy of the signed contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed assets journal entry building purchase with loan and cash [ 0 Answers ]

I just can't remember the journal entry for a not for profit to purchase a building where part was paid in cash $350,000 and part loan payable $400,000

Auto loan converted to personal loan with same monthly installments (72 mo.) [ 1 Answers ]

Topic: None Chosen Your Question: "I have a auto loan converted to a signature loan due to the bank not receiving the car title, so they converted it to a persoanl loan. Once the bank did that my auto loan (secured loan) just became a personal loan (unsecured loan) but yet the months of...

Loan Default for Co-owner, but not co-borrower [ 1 Answers ]

My name is on the deed as a co-owner, but I'm not on the loan documents at all. What happens if the loan defaults ? Would I be liable for any financial charges ?

Paying back loan from owner [ 1 Answers ]

I am the single owner of my LLC and I now have enough profit to begin paying back some of the personal funds I loaned to my business. Wondering if it's appropriate to charge interest and what a reasonable rate would be and how to calculate it. Thanks!

View more questions Search