Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    79samples82 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 12:33 AM
    Placenta or not?
    My cat is in labor, and she delivered what looked like to me a placenta, is it normal for the placenta to be delivered first before the kitten, it has been about 20 minutes now and nothing else has happened what should I do next.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 12:39 AM
    Are you sure it is not the kitten in the amniotic sac?
    If mom doesn't break it open to clean and care for the kitten then you will need to do that.
    Cats Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 12:41 AM
    Also cats don't typically like to be bothered when they are giving birth, they can actually halt labor for up to 24 hours if they feel stressed or uncomfortable.

Jun 27, 2012, 12:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    Are you sure it is not the kitten in the amniotic sac?
    If mom doesn't break it open to clean and care for the kitten then you will need to do that.
    yes I know out want a kitten, what came out of her was something pink, fleshy, and the size of one of her bowl movements
    Cats Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 12:53 AM
    Sorry I didn't mean to take off on you, I was trying to find this site to post I think it will help you out tremendously.
    Giving Birth to Kittens

Pink and fleshy doesn't sound like placenta, they are typically a dark color about half the size of the kitten or larger.
    Cats Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 01:09 AM
    Premature birth?
    Does it look like a fetus?
    Of course I can't say from here what it is, I'm just guessing.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 09:57 AM
    Please don't open new threads - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cats/o...es-675888.html

I notice you did not answer LadySam.

Jun 27, 2012, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    Premature birth?
    Does it look like a fetus?
    Of course I can't say from here what it is, I'm just guessing.
    out didn't look like one, it fight have any arms or legs, not even a face, I was researching about a placental plug, it was light color on one side like my gums, and on there other side it was dark red and in the shape of a 1 and a half inch in length& half inch in width tube, but after coming out it unraveled & became flat.& two hours later the baby's finally came she only had two.so hopefully it was just the placental plug.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Placenta prevaria [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am 32 weeks pregnant and have placenta previa. Now I am feeling more pressure when I walk or move so I want to know its normal or should I contact my gp.

I had placenta previa [ 3 Answers ]

I had placenta previa the last time I was pregnant it was 2yrs ago I had to have an emergancy c section he was 5wks early but healthy as ever and doing great I just want to know is it safe for me to get pregnant again

What is post placenta? [ 2 Answers ]

What is post placenta?

Calcification of placenta [ 1 Answers ]

When I delivered my son my doctor noticed that my placenta was very calcified. I had him on my supposed due date given to me by a early sonogram. When I asked him about it he said with the next baby we will watch it closly. However I do not drink or take drugs I barley take tylenol, and I do not...

View more questions Search