Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess9797122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
    How to tell if you can see spirits
    Hi.
    Ive been able to see spirits ever since I was a child. I hear and see them in my head as well as outside. They sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. I can sense them from far away and can always tell apart there energies such as male/female "good"/"bad". When I was younger I could feel them more clearly until my mom took me to this lady who apparently closed me of from that world, although it did not work it did get dimmer. I have since taught myself to more or less keep them away and protect myself, like a bubble. Although I still see, sense, and hear them in my head. But lately I've been doughting myself. Ive been afraid that it is all in my head and that I'm crazy. I don't always feel the chill that everyone says they do or have their hair stand up. Ive gotten so accustomed to feeling them on the inside that I don't really notice or feel the outward things such as the chill. Do I really see ghosts or is it all in my head? Could someone help?
    Love,
    Katie
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 26, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess9797122 View Post
    Hi.
    Ive been able to see spirits ever since I was a child. I hear and see them in my head as well as outside. They sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. I can sense them from far away and can always tell apart there energies such as male/female "good"/"bad". When I was younger I could feel them more clearly until my mom took me to this lady who apparently closed me of from that world, although it did not work it did get dimmer. I have since taught myself to more or less keep them away and protect myself, like a bubble. Although I still see, sense, and hear them in my head. But lately I've been doughting myself. Ive been afraid that it is all in my head and that I'm crazy. I don't always feel the chill that everyone says they do or have their hair stand up. Ive gotten so accustomed to feeling them on the inside that I don't really notice or feel the outward things such as the chill. Do I really see ghosts or is it all in my head? Could someone help??
    Love,
    Katie
    You sort of answer your own question. It is obviously very real to you and that is something we cannot prove or disprove to you.

I'm curious who your mom took you to when you were younger to "close that door". What happened exactly, if you don't mind me asking?
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 5, 2012, 12:51 AM
    Hi Katie,

You are describing clairaudience, clairvoyance and clairsentience phenomenon . All have been researched and documented for over a century by psychical researchers and more recently by parapsychologists. Some of the major universities devote entire departments to parapsychology.

It is not uncommon for young people to be able to see spirits and ghosts (there is a difference). Most real mediums are born with the abilities. Youthful minds are uncluttered or unpolluted in many ways, the mind is open and accepting. The person that your mother took you to most likely asked your spirit guides to calm things down, to slow up the influence from the spirit and/or ghost realms. However, if your gift was strong, more than a couple visits would have been necessary.

Psychic abilities can get dimmer as we grow. Many people born with extra sensory abilities naturally loose them over time and as the body reaches puberty with all of it's physical, psyche, emotional, and bio chemical changes. [Note: Puberty can be a time of change in many ways. Often people born with psychical ability loose it, while some people attract certain types of paranormal phenomena, often unwanted].Often time the ability becomes lost in the process of maturing as the ability becomes overwhelmed by "real" life - relationships, school, jobs, families, bills, kids... these daily events soon over shadow mediumistic skills. Soon the score is "real" life: 100 - Psychical life: zero.

In your case, you have managed to keep a hold, and a tab,on your born abilities. It looks as if the ability has diminished to such a point that you no longer deem the memories of past events as real. Most of us can not remember being four or five years old - that doesn't mean that those years never occurred, or makes them less real.

I have said this a million times to people with similar dilemmas and it is well worth repeating;
    The ones who ask if they are "crazy", the ones who question strange events, are most likely the sane ones. It is the people who accept unusual events point blank that I wonder about.
    You have a talent that you do not quite understand - so you ask - you question - you seek answers. Katie, you are unique and you are quite sane.
    Ryantheatheist Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jul 5, 2012, 01:37 AM
    In my honest opinion, this is something that has stemmed from childhood and you have clung onto it. I used to think I could sense spirits, heck I used to believe a lot of stuff. But your brain is a very powerful organ and it can play tricks on you if you let it.
    Eidolon works in para-science so he may put what you sense down to some sort of science... but that is impossible because science relies on empirical data and there is no such thing for paranormal activities.

No offense intended, I would advise you try to get on with your life since these senses have calmed down with age, and I believe will continue to do so.

Ryan
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 10:24 AM
    I have a concern about the "hearing voices in her head" part - Schizophrenia is very real and I think it's irresponsible advice to just tell someone that hearing "voices in her head" which INTERFERE with her life is nothing to worry about.

Add the "forms a bubble to keep them out" statement and this is concerning.

By no means am I saying that this is could be mental illness. I am saying that is a very real sign of Schizophrenia.
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 5, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Anybody who took five minutes to look at my web site realizes that the Eidolon Project Canada works in paranormal, paraphysical, psychical research, preternatural phenomena, and parascience. My library has the following books, which have been studied in my work as a researcher : "The Brain Has a Mind of Its Own", "An Alchemy of the Mind", "The Human Brain: Mind and Matter", "The Spiritual Brain", et. al. - so I think that I have some backing on the workings and the marvels of the brain.

As for empirical proof... just because something is undiscovered or hidden does not mean that it does not exist. Only the narrowest of minds would assume that because something has yet to be discovered that it does not exist. Every scientific fact in existence today were the mysteries of antiquity. Years ago, for example, we assumed that there were three states of matter - gases, solids and liquids, today we know of five. Furthermore, not one thing can be repeated exactly. Not one. Time and space move, therefore nothing can be duplicated exactly as we are constantly in a new place at a different time.

Modern physisists such as Kaku, Kung, Davis, et.al. believe that consciousness may be the very essence of our universe and the existence of everything it comprises. They believe that answers to things we now consider paranormal may be hidden in certain avenues of physics.

The easiest job on earth is to be a cynic, no effort is required.

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence." ~Dr. Carl Sagan, Ph.D.
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EidolonProject View Post
    Anybody who took five minutes to look at my web site realizes that the Eidolon Project Canada works in paranormal, paraphysical, psychical research, preternatural phenomena, and parascience. My library has the following books, which have been studied in my work as a researcher : "The Brain Has a Mind of Its Own", "An Alchemy of the Mind", "The Human Brain: Mind and Matter", "The Spiritual Brain", et. al. - so I think that I have some backing on the workings and the marvels of the brain.

As for empirical proof... just because something is undiscovered or hidden does not mean that it does not exist. Only the narrowest of minds would assume that because something has yet to be discovered that it does not exist. Every scientific fact in existence today were the mysteries of antiquity. Years ago, for example, we assumed that there were three states of matter - gases, solids and liquids, today we know of five. Furthermore, not one thing can be repeated exactly. Not one. Time and space move, therefore nothing can be duplicated exactly as we are constantly in a new place at a different time.

Modern physisists such as Kaku, Kung, Davis, et.al. believe that consciousness may be the very essence of our universe and the existence of everything it comprises. They believe that answers to things we now consider paranormal may be hidden in certain avenues of physics.

The easiest job on earth is to be a cynic, no effort is required.

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence." ~Dr. Carl Sagan, Ph.D.

I don't understand your attitude but, okay. And, no, I don't have the time or interest to research "your" site. I thought it was easier just to ask who funds the site. I care very little about the books in your library.

All of this does not change my mind - this person hears voices inside her head and goes into her own bubble in order to escape them. Rule out physical and mental problems and then if its demonic possession or something, fine, the physical/mental issue has been ruled out.

I think it is irresponsible to tell people who hear voices which are DISRUPTIVE that it is spirits - no, I don't think she's crazy. Yes, I do think someone should talk to her.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 11:31 AM
    People that hear voices or see things that aren't there usually have a treatible condition... and their lives would be greatly improved if they actually got it instead of them banding to gether convincing themselves evil spirits are punishing them...

Google up

Barrak obama is a space alien

You get 8,130,000 hits... so that means it must be true, doesn't it?
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    People that hear voices or see things that aren't there usually have a treatible condition.....and their lives would be greatly improved if they actually got it instead of them banding to gether convincing themselves evil spirits are punishing them...

Google up

barrak obama is a space alien

You get 8,130,000 hits....so that means it must be true, doesn't it?

I never knew - I'm all tied up with whether he's a US citizen.

Jul 9, 2012, 03:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EidolonProject View Post
    As for empirical proof... just because something is undiscovered or hidden does not mean that it does not exist.
    Your argument is flawed, since you admit there is no empirical evidence for paranmormal activities. You have the burden of proof, and the way you rpesent your argument is no better than a priest who believes in the big man in the sky and says "Just because you haven't found God doesn't mean he isn't there to be found". It is meaningless unless you can present to people some form of evidence. Every single case of paranormal phenomena has yet to stand up to real, hard science. Yes of course science can be wrong, but science relies on the measurement of matter and it will be adjusted accordingly once new evidence is present to discount the previous.

Talking about the universe being the result of some sort of pure consciousness seems to be a take on the theoretical science approach of the 'unified field' theory with a twist of pseudo-science. Even though I do like this idea, it has yet to have any verifiable data to support it.

All I ask is that until you can present some verifiable and empirical data (data to be measured under any circumstances) of paranormal phenomena... then it remains to be science fiction. In other words, don't jump the gun and tell people that what they are suffering is real paranomal activities, when in-fact they probably have a real-life scientifically verifiable illness and even though you may not intend to, you are in fact more than likely postponing treatment...

Thank you.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 9, 2012, 03:34 PM
    You are correct Ryan, in an argument or discussion like this has turned into, it is on the person making the claims to provide proof.

I also have to say that anybody who claims to truly put the scientific method to work in the paranormal field is full of it or simply does not know what they are talking about.

Ryan, I understand your views as an atheist... but I'll elaborate my side nonetheless. Science and religion go hand in hand... and both zealous sides are really ignorant of the other. God created the universe... science seeks to understand the workings of the universe. The two do not contradict each other but flow perfectly together. Now in context of the paranormal things are a little different. The problem with paranormal investigators is that most don't seem to understand that the spirit world is OUTSIDE our physical world. Spirits are not bound by the same laws we are and thus making it near impossible to PROVE their existence. You can't conjure a spirit in a test tube. We're dealing with unique spirit personalities and they have a will. They can appear to who they want, when they want and in the form they want.

We can agree to disagree here and the views of an atheist are always welcome here in the paranormal forum. Not everybody wants to hear my Christian view ;)

Jul 10, 2012, 01:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    You are correct Ryan, in an argument or discussion like this has turned into, it is on the person making the claims to provide proof.

I also have to say that anybody who claims to truly put the scientific method to work in the paranormal field is full of it or simply does not know what they are talking about.

Ryan, I understand your views as an atheist...but I'll elaborate my side nonetheless. Science and religion go hand in hand...and both zealous sides are really ignorant of the other. God created the universe....science seeks to understand the workings of the universe. The two do not contradict each other but flow perfectly together. Now in context of the paranormal things are a little different. The problem with paranormal investigators is that most don't seem to understand that the spirit world is OUTSIDE our physical world. Spirits are not bound by the same laws we are and thus making it near impossible to PROVE their existence. You can't conjure a spirit in a test tube. We're dealing with unique spirit personalities and they have a will. They can appear to who they want, when they want and in the form they want.

We can agree to disagree here and the views of an atheist are always welcome here in the paranormal forum. Not everybody wants to hear my Christian view ;)
    Thanks Haunting,

Well yeah I have pretty stern views on the supernatural and if you don't mind me saying I do quite disagree that Science and religion go hand-in hand.
    Science works on the assumption of cause and effect, if this is so then how can God create something when he himself was not created, surely it is more likely that a finite universe could have existed since year dot, than something which is infinite (god) to have existed since year dot.

To make myself clear, if I was to say there is a fire-breathing dragon and the thing that made the fire breathing dragon was omnipotent and perfect in every way; It would be far more likely that something finite created the dragon through cause and effect (even though we don't know how)... instead of using the god of the gaps and using an infinite being to describe what is finite.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I being followed by spirits? [ 1 Answers ]

Practically every house I've lived at there was a paranormal thing that happenes. I was Two years old and somethink stopped me from going outside yet there was nothing in front of me. There was too many things that happened at the next house. The third one both me and my brother felt a presence And...

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Spirits [ 2 Answers ]

OK.so... heres my story first. One day I was watching TV in my room and mom wascleanoing the house. She told me to clean the cat box.as I was doing so,for some weirdly strange reason,a glass cup flew.. FLEW.. across the kitchen and smashed to pieces. Mom and I wer like... ok then. That's not weird...

Spirits [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain my terrifying experiences with a dark shadowed figure/form pinning me down on my bed as I am falling asleep... I am struggling fercely and screaming for help... I feel totally violated and helpless... it floats out of window when disturbed by my husband checking on me...

Spirits are following me [ 9 Answers ]

I was told by a physchic that I have spirits following me and have for a while. I was also told that I have a demon following me. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!!

View more questions Search