Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Weird when sitting
    Anytime I sit in my computer chair, (which is usually a while, I volunteer here, and I also run a few support sites)

After a while, I swear it feels like ants are crawling all over my legs, and every now and then biting me.
    But when I look, not an ant to be seen!!

Its driving me nuts.

At first I thought maybe I'm allergic to the carpet fresh, as I got a new one recently, but I tried putting a towel under my feet while on the computer and it did no good :(

Any idea!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Are you diabetic or border line diabetic? I've been through "this" before...
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Holy crap. I'm hypoglycemic and my doctor said I had to lose weight and eat better and excersize or I would become diabetic (ive lost 7lbs so far!) . I only have to test once in a while (when I 'feel' low, I drop) but the doctor said if I ever start seeing high numbers, to come get retested. And my dad is diabetic.

Is that what it is?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 08:15 PM
    That was my late husband's problem - and that is exactly how he described it. Ants crawling on him.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
    Well dang it. Should I schedule another apointment? Could this mean I stepped over the diabetic line? Or is it just a side effect of the hypoglycemia? Next time it happens ill test and see where I'm at.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 05:28 AM
    I'd call my Doctor and ask. It could be anything but I'd still check.

(Good to see you here)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Sounds like your feet/legs feel asleep from immobility.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Sounds like your feet/legs feel asleep from immobility.
    That would be my guess as well. Too much time in one position. Loss of circulation, and the limbs fall asleep.

Getting off the computer chair and doing some exercise will help with the other issue as well. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2012, 09:14 PM
    Thanks girls. I don't think it's that. My legs have fallen asleep before and it feels different. When my legs fall asleep its more like my leg is full of sand with pinprick needles in it. Not really like bugs walking on my skin and biting.

I'm going to call for an appt as soon as I remember lol. I was supposed to do that this morning

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend keeps sitting on me? [ 2 Answers ]

What happens is when I lie on the couch and watch a movie, which I do quite often, he sits on me. I sort of like it, but I'm not sure what to do. This is in the house I rent with my boyfriend and he does it quite often. He doesn't weigh a lot, just right. What should I do?

Girlfriend hangs out consistently with ex boyfriends family... Weird to feel weird? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi All, been driving myself crazy over this for the last 9 months and although I've come to some peace with it, I feel like I still need help from the community. Maybe just for reassurance to know that I'm OK to feel weird... Or to hear the truth from others in my situation. Anyhow, thanks in...

Baby Sitting [ 12 Answers ]

Is baby sitting right for me? I'm 14 yrs. Old & I want to earn money on my own but the only problem is finding someone who needs a baby sitter. I baby sit for my aunt & uncle & they tell me that they'll pay me but when they come home they just forget & I really need to earn some money so that I can...

Sitting with seniors [ 1 Answers ]

I HAVE AN ASHI APPROVED CERTIFICATION CARD 3 TO BE EXACT 1 FOR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS , 2. FOR BASIC FIRST AID 3. FOR AUTOMAted external defibillation can I get a sitting with elders job or something like that kind of work .

Weird Drinks - a/k/a Weird Food - a/k/a Gun Control [ 12 Answers ]

Okay, got to get this one started to go along with our Weird Dinners. Anyone ever had a Monkey Brain? How about a Duck Fart?

View more questions Search