Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JulieAnnL67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 02:50 PM
    Heavy panting not eating or drinking
    My dog has been showing signs of losing weight for a week but was eating now has 5 days of heavy panting and not eating 1 day of not drinkiing
    Moogue Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnnL67 View Post
    My dog has been showing signs of loosing weight for a week but was eating now has 5 days of heavy panting and and not eating 1 day of not drinkiing
    How old is your dog?

The sympotoms sound very similar to my dogs... I took her to the vet for blood tests which showed very high potassium levels which could indicate kidney faliure. If your waggy is off food and water definitely take them to the vet... Sadly we had to put her to sleep last September but she was 18!

Please don't leave it, take them today xxx thoughts with you.
    Moogue Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
    Not to mention that the potasium level could have caused fitting and cardiac arrest
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 04:39 PM
    It's past time to get her to the vet, this could be many things.
    She can't go on like this, please get her the medical attention she needs.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 04:47 PM
    The vet really is the only option.

I really wish that we could diagnose pet illnesses online, but we can't. If we could we could all save a lot of money.

Sadly, a vet can do what we can't. A vet can order tests, and find out what's going on.

We can give advice on how to keep her hydrated until you get to the vet, but that's really all we can do. We can't diagnose. Not even a vet can do that online.

Please, get her to the vet right away. The symptoms you're describing could mean the death of your dog within a matter of days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yellow Lab is constantly panting heavy, burping, and pacing. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female yellow labrador (spayed) and lately she has been panting a lot, and acting as if she has either a hairball stuck in her throat or just can't catch her breath. Also, some days she will just lay on her bed most of the day and other days she will pace around like she is...

Dog has suddenly quit eating and drinking, He's panting but has normal temperature [ 2 Answers ]

Thirteen year old pappilion went from his normal extremely active happy self to a panting, non drinking or eating dog. He shows unusual habits as well (not laying in his favorite spots, not following me around like my shadow). I've tried placing water in his mouth but he just spits it out. This...

My lab/border collie mix heavy breathing/panting and excessive water consumption. [ 12 Answers ]

My almost 6 yr old female Lab Border Collie mix has had in my mind a problem recently. At times she will pant and breath very heavy and she consumes large quantities of water at times, much more than I see our Lab male drink. She has also taken to barking while in her crate at night at weird...

Dog panting heavy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a six year old doxie. She has always ridden in the car with me from the time she was born. She has a soft carrier that she goes every where in. Just recently she has started panting heavily just as we get started like she is very hot but it is snowing outside. She is also shaking like...

View more questions Search