Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomkofrosty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Ask a mechanic
    Twice, when braking, the car accelerated... why so?
    tomkofrosty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 08:54 AM
    What is the issue with my 2008 Honda Fit accelerating when I brake? This happened 2 times?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Floor mat issue, such as pressing against the accelerator?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2012, 11:24 AM
    Toyota of course took a lot of heat on a similar situation and they have stuck with the floor mat theory and things have been pretty quiet for them over a few years now.
    But regardless of the cause it is a serious matter. I am no expert by any means about auto electronics but they are so extensive in cars today that if you think the floor mat problem is absolutely not possible, you should pursue it with a dealer.
    When I search "2008 honda fit unintended acceration?". The first site that pops up is the one linked below and in the blurb typically written under their heading (before you select it)--it says a few words about NHTSA and an unintended acceleration investigation, but I didn't see anything about that after I selected it--maybe in some of the questions below the article-I didn't read all those.
    For what it is worth? http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...2007-honda-fit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a honda mechanic? [ 1 Answers ]

My 1996 Honda Accord LX was parked on a street that took on a great deal of water during a rainstorm. The water level was above the tires. I entered through the passenger side, which was wet through to the carpet. The driver side was dry, and I prayed that the car would start. It did, and we drove...

Do I sell it to the mechanic? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1978 Mercedes 240D with about 238K miles. A belt for the coolant fan broke recently so it overheated, though it never reached the red on the heat gauge, and since then the coolant level has been going down, at first slowly, now faster, so I've been refilling it, though I don't see it...

Ask a honda mechanic? [ 2 Answers ]

2003 honda accord About a year ago had an every oncve in a while driver side window would that would not repond when activating button. Then a few months back the window regulator had to be fixed. I had forgotten to tell the mechanic about the switch problem. Now the switch seems dead window will...

Ask honda mechanic [ 0 Answers ]

What works the ground transistor in the pcm for pin A17 --- the ground for the ac system... is it internal of does another pin feed to it... this is on a Honda Odyssey... with electronic climate control... dual system (front and rear)... 3.5 liter... I can ground system here with power probe and...

Ask a honda mechanic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1992 honda prelude engine starts first turn runs fine but when switched off after running for a while it will not start again sounds like it is stared of petrol then backfires and stops after about an hour it will start normally again

View more questions Search