Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angi2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 06:29 AM
    Break being deducted without taking one
    I live in Florida and sometimes where I work we are unable to take a break due to being short staffed and super busy. On days like this even though we cannot take a break it is deducted from our pay. Is this illegal?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 08:34 AM
    No. If you are paid by the hour you are entitled to be paid for any time you are working. But I wouldn't hold my breath asking for the Florida Department of Workforce Innovation to help you. It's the South, after all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking a break [ 5 Answers ]

Here is my situation. I need help and any insights would be most welcome. And apologies for the long recap. We were/have been together for over a year now. This is her most serious relationship to date. I am more of a moody, depressed type whereas she has been the more caring supportive one. We...

Taking a Break [ 10 Answers ]

About 4 months ago I ended up blowing up on my girlfriend a couple times saying some hurtfull things. The reason I blew up was not only from stress from moving/college but from her constant "give up" and depressive attitude from when things go wrong. We ended up taking a break but got back...

Taking a break? [ 64 Answers ]

All right, my girlfriend calls me one night, she sounds odd.. I ask her what's wrong and she says she's confused.. anyway, she goes on to tell me about all the stress on her, and the stress within her family, she then goes to tell me that we should take a break. I asked if she thought we would get...

Taking a break [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everyone just to let you know, so you don't wonder where I've gone, I'm taking a few days' break from the site. I injured my back and I am having trouble sitting for long periods. I was on for a little while yesterday and also today, but I'm even finding typing difficult after a few minutes. I...

View more questions Search