Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalaskulan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Find the father of adopted
    A friend of mine is the daughter of an adopted man. She is trying to search for her origin but the problem is that her grandparents, the ones who adopted her father, refuse to tell her about their sons biologial parents. To make this question even more complicated, her father died a few years ago. Is there any hope for her to find out the true story of her dad?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaskulan View Post
    A friend of mine is the daughter of an adopted man. She is trying to search for her origin but the problem is that her grandparents, the ones who adopted her father, refuse to tell her about their sons biologial parents. To make this question even more complicated, her father died a few years ago. Is there any hope for her to find out the true story of her dad?
    Not much... but not exactly none either. The grandparents have the right to not discuss it because for all practical and legal purposes, they were his parents. And to suggest otherwise to them (even as a perception) they find offensive.

Its just going to be a lot harder to find anything out.
    kalaskulan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Oh, I see.. She does not want to offend her grandparents in any way but is still curios.. That's a pity then, if there is nothing to do.. Maybe her grandparents will loosen up with time, who knows.. Or could she call the hospital where her father was born in order to get more information? Is that even possible? I´ve heard that only the person who was adopted can get that information but as her father is dead..
    Thank you very much for your answer! :)
    Is there anyone else who knows something, please write and tell!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 03:37 PM
    If she is in the US, her only options are hiring a licensed private investigator based on any information she has, getting the information from her adoptive parents (if they even know), and registering on reunion websites.

Closed adoptions are CLOSED. In some cases, the biological parents do not WANT contact.

Her father's adoptive story IS a true story. Unless she needs medical information, she should realize that biology does not necessarily make a family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find my biological grandparents if my father was adopted? [ 14 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I want to know who my real grandparents are. I don't want to end up married to my cousin or something...

My father was adopted and I would like to find his parents [ 1 Answers ]

My father was adopted and I would like to find his birth parents. He passed away of cancer and my grandfather has passed away. I do know he was adopted in Richmond and I know his birth name. I had a good life but I have health problems and so do my brother and we do not understand why. I would also...

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

How do I find my family my father is adopted [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find my family my father is adopted

View more questions Search